Creatine After ACL Surgery?

Hi,

I had ACL surgery around 3 weeks ago and I’m just getting back to training.
I guess I’ve been lifting for just over a year, my previous goal was fatloss and I guess I would still like to lean out.

I’ve been supping with whey and Flameout whilst recovering from injury.

I’ve now started to head back to the gym, no focussed leg work just benching chins rows etc.

Would it be wise to start cycling creatine now? Will it have any benefit to my injury?

First things first- don’t create two posts asking the same question.

Second- you don’t ever need to cycle creatine.

Third- it will not have any benefit to your injury, just to your physique.

yes i’m sorry about that.

You need simple carbs when pushing creatine through, thats my very basic understanding.

Will this use of simple carbs be a bad idea when trying to get lean?

Should you take creatine while on a fat loss diet? I wouldn’t say that it’s a “must,” but it’s pretty darn close to being one. While on a diet, creatine will allow you to be able to sustain a higher level of effort in the gym. It’ll also swell your muscles which is helpful psychologically (you won’t feel as if your muscles are wasting away because they’re “flat.”)

Ok so I know CT says creatine is important on cut.

What about about the use of simple carbs?

[quote]flintoff99 wrote:
You need simple carbs when pushing creatine through, thats my very basic understanding.[/quote]

Wrong. There is no need for any sort of shuttle system. This is something that supplement companies created to get you to buy their designer creatine or worse CEE.

And to further debunk your “basic understanding” there is also no reason to load creatine. Which I’m sure will be your next question.

So might I be as bold as to ask how you suggest creatine could be taken?

Warm water?

[quote]flintoff99 wrote:
So might I be as bold as to ask how you suggest creatine could be taken?

Warm water?[/quote]

Lots of ways. Man up and down a spoonful dry. Mix it in a protein shake. Mix it in your PWO shake. Mix it with water. Doesn’t really matter. Once it’s in your body it does the same thing regardless of how it’s introduced. I typically just mix it in my first protein shake of the day so that I get it about the same time. Do whatever is convenient for you.

Ok cool. I appreciate your help.

If there is no loading phase required, is there a phase before you get the benefits of creatine or are the benefits relatively immediate?

[quote]flintoff99 wrote:
Ok cool. I appreciate your help.

If there is no loading phase required, is there a phase before you get the benefits of creatine or are the benefits relatively immediate?[/quote]

I would say relatively immediate, but it depends on your intensity level in the gym. You may not even work hard enough to notice it helps. That’s most people’s problem. Sort of like Beta-Alanine. It’s a great supplement but very few people work hard enough to need it.

ok cheers. I guess sometimes these things have a placebo effect. e.g. I think I can get enough rep out

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
flintoff99 wrote:
You need simple carbs when pushing creatine through, thats my very basic understanding.

Wrong. There is no need for any sort of shuttle system. This is something that supplement companies created to get you to buy their designer creatine or worse CEE.

And to further debunk your “basic understanding” there is also no reason to load creatine. Which I’m sure will be your next question.[/quote]

I was to the understanding that insulin helps to drive more creatine along with ATP into a muscle. So especially when not loading wouldn’t you want to take your creatine with some sort of insulin spike post workout to replenish glycogen and creatine in the muscle? I agree that it isn’t mandatory but it does provide some help doesnt it?

Gerdy

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I was to the understanding that insulin helps to drive more creatine along with ATP into a muscle. So especially when not loading wouldn’t you want to take your creatine with some sort of insulin spike post workout to replenish glycogen and creatine in the muscle? I agree that it isn’t mandatory but it does provide some help doesnt it?

Gerdy[/quote]

For the average guy- the assistance would be very minimal at best. For the seasoned or hardcore I could see there being some benefit.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

Gerdy

For the average guy- the assistance would be very minimal at best. For the seasoned or hardcore I could see there being some benefit.[/quote]

Ok I can agree with that. Thanks

Gerdy