Creatine & Acne

I just finished a cycle of creatine (6 weeks) After beeing on it for about 2 weeks my face started to brake out. Has anybody else experienced this off of creatine?

Unfortunatly, more and more people are complaining about this. It def makes me break out so I dont take it.

jhferry
Yea my skin has changed in these last 8 weeks since i’ve gone on creatine. Wel’ll see what’ll happen when i’m off of it.

What kind of creatine are you using? I don’t see how creatine itself can cause acne breakouts, but impurities in the manufacturing might be able to.

I have used creatine for 2 years with no known issues. Maybe it was something else?

Creatine doesn’t cause acne. Just because you got acne while using creatine does not mean that creatine caused it. Along with that, if you were using some sort of “creatine mix” with added sugars, I would blame the other ingredients before ever considering creatine.

I have noticed this too, everytime I get on creatine. I usually get more pimples on my back, it is definitely noticeable.

I know everyone says that it doesn’t have test production, but maybe it increases it indirectly by increasing your bodies anabolic state…or maybe it just increases oil production somehow.

Once again, what kinds of creatine are you using? is it a creapure brand, or is it something that is more likely to have impurities that would cause your acne?

I like where you’re going with that one.

I think that the increased work capacity that creatine can give a person could result in a higher muscle tissue breakdown and a subsequent increase in androgenic hormones that would possibly cause acne in individuals that are more prone to such things.

Hey guys, it’s been a complete week off of creatine for me now, and honestly my face is clearing up.

I was on Creatine Blast by Interactive.
It has a few things in it.
such as:
Serving size 1 scoop (50grams)
Carbs 37g
Sugars 37g
potassium 110mg
Sodium 20 mg
also
D. Pinitol
Corosolic Acid
Chromium
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Glutamine Peptides
L. Alanine
Taurine

What do you guys think?

I would think its the sugars and stuff but I could be wrong.

Why don’t you just take regular old creatine monohydrate?

-Dave

[quote]iluminatae wrote:
I would think its the sugars and stuff but I could be wrong.

Why don’t you just take regular old creatine monohydrate?

-Dave[/quote]

I agree. With all of that, why would anyone blame creatine alone for why you got acne? If I say “pancakes gave me an allergic reaction” when I am really allergic to eggs in the pancakes, does that mean the pancakes are the reason I had an allergic reaction?

ProfessorX
you’re right bro.

Dave, plain creatine doesn’t work on me. I will try something else in a month.

Thanks guys

I use plain old prolab creatine monohydrate. My acne kicks up when I take it, settles down after a week or two.

I attribute it to the fact that I tend to lift heavier weights and breakdown more muscle tissue when I’m taking it, and that causes an increase in the amount of T my body is producing, causing a change in the hormone balance in my body. I was susceptible to acne as a kid, so my guess is that when my hormone balance is out of whack by even just a little, it’s gonna cause a bit of acne. Afer two weeks, the other hormones my body produces kick up as well, and things balance out again.

But hey, maybe I’m crazy.

Sorry to HiJack the thread, but I think this issue has been resolved…

I have taken creatine in the past, and take it currently. In my expirience, it helps me pump out more volume in my strength training sessions (haven’t tried w/ srints yet).

My issue comes with the preferred method of creatine intake. I’m not talking “to load or not to load” type thing, but rather frequency. I like to take my creatine in my post workout drink b/c of the insulin spike supposedly optimizes delivery. But what about when I’m on a carb restrictive diet where I only eat “oatmeal type” carbs w/ little insulin spike or where I am on a lower carb diet and eat very few carbs on my “off” days…

Will taking creatine w/ a P+F meal be mostly shit out? Is taking creatine with a lower insulin-spike inducing carb (brn rice, oatmeal, etc.) drastically less effective? Will taking creatine only on the days I train w/ my post workout drink be ineffective?

I saw CT post in one of his threads one time that he agrees with creatine use, IF IT’S USED PROPERLY… I’m curious what his take is on this.

Kyle

ive used difrent kind of creatines in the past and the same thing happends to me too,i get acne. just plain creatine monohydrate does it too. ive been using on/off for years and it always happends after about a week i start.
this happens with using lots of whey protein too for me.

[quote]Perkele wrote:
ive used difrent kind of creatines in the past and the same thing happends to me too,i get acne. just plain creatine monohydrate does it too. ive been using on/off for years and it always happends after about a week i start.
this happens with using lots of whey protein too for me.

[/quote]

Protein doesn’t cause acne either. Are you all washing your faces?

[quote]Professor X wrote:Protein doesn’t cause acne either. Are you all washing your faces?[/quote] Actually, cheap Whey proteins often cause mild allergic reactions. Some people get stuffy (Berardi), others get puffy in the face (me) and yet others breakout. Breaking out from cheap protein is actually quite common. Switch proteins - use something higher in quality like Grow!.

for those of you who have gotten acne while using creatine monohydrate, you say the breakouts start about a week or two after use. but u all said that it reverts itself a few weeks later even if u keep using it?

Creatine dosn’t cause acne. Period.