T Nation

Crazy Two Week Plan

Starting tomorrow, I have until Jan 2 to do some crazy stuff. I have absolutely nothing to do except eat, sleep, and train. I have the willpower to refrain from the sugary crap relatives will try and feed me on Dec. 25. I just need YOU to help fine tune my program.

Goals: 1) as much fat loss as possible 2) Gain as much mass on my arms as possible.

I’ve never done much direct arm work because my goal has always been fat loss. Now thanks some joint issues, my arms lag behind significantly and look out of proportion to the rest of my body. I want to fix that as much as possible.

So my thought had been to do this: 2-a-day workouts. Multi-joint compound stuff in the mornings, a long walk or short run with my x-vest, nap, a arm and shoulder blasting workout in the evening followed by some swimming/cycling intervals for fat loss. I would plan for 10 hours of sleep a night.

This would be done on a 3 day on, 1 day off, 2 day on, 1 day off split. My off days would involve a 40-80 mile bike ride to maintain my biking and cardio endurance.

Diet would be the exact one I am getting now - good solid PN, with more carbs coming from fish oil. I DO have some prohormones left I am considering using to help me cut out some calories. 1-AD oral and 4-AD spray. I’d been saving them for just such an occasion.

So my questions:

1. any particular flaws I’m not seeing with reference to frquency of training? I should be able to handle it with the amount of rest and zero other life pressure during these two weeks. I’m currently lifting 4 days a week, running one, and distance biking 1 anyway and recovering fine.
  1. Any suggestions on how much volume/exercises for the direct arm work? I have acccess to pretty much anything equipment wise.

Thoughts?

[quote]aikigreg wrote:
Goals: 1) as much fat loss as possible 2) Gain as much mass on my arms as possible.[/quote]

You have conflicting goals. And it will mess up your gains.

Again, conflicting goals. I don’t think you’ll see much in the way of muscle gains with all the cardio you plan on doing.

More carbs or more fat from fish oil?? :wink: You’ll probably need to eat more if you want to gain mass. If trying to lose fat, you may be able to eat more as well. But again, you have conflicting goals.

Do you want to lose fat or gain muscle? Your frequency is fine, but your game plan may not work out very well for what you want to accomplish.

If you want to bring up your arms, you’ll need to specialize on arm work. Which means, cutting back the volume on everything else (including cardio) to focus on them.

If arm growth is what you truly want, then I would forget about the fat loss during the next few weeks and focus exclusively on bigger arms.

I would suggest following CT’s Arm Specialization program that he recently posted (three days a week of arm work) and only have two other days (maintenance day for legs and a maintenance day for chest/back).

You may be okay with the biking if it’s only done once or twice a week max. But I wouldn’t try to do a whole lot more other than maybe one HIIT day.

So, sit down and figure out what you really want. If you try to achieve both goals, you’re going to most likely become frustrated or fail during these few weeks. Focus on one goal for now, and work on the other one later.

Yeah I know my goals are conflicting a bit. Story of my life. :slight_smile:

As a competing racerI can’t give the biking up. I can’t afford to lose the aerobic capacity I’ve built up. The rest I’m planning on doing in short bursts or low intensity.

If I have to choose one goal, it’s fat loss for sure. It’s hands-down the most important. Then i can specialize the arms once it’s time to add back some mass.

So forget about bigger guns - any suggestions for maximizing fat loss then?

It’s only two weeks…I’d focus on a quick arm specialization program. I don’t think you’ll lose too much as far as endurance goes in that amount of time if you still bike once or twice a week. :wink:

As far as the frequency option, Waterbury has said before that 2 weeks of high frequency is not really beneficial. The process of building up frequency tolerance and peaking is more important. You’ll make gains definitely, but don’t expect any miracles.

[quote]caneman wrote:
As far as the frequency option, Waterbury has said before that 2 weeks of high frequency is not really beneficial. The process of building up frequency tolerance and peaking is more important. You’ll make gains definitely, but don’t expect any miracles.[/quote]

With the exception of he can really up it as the weeks pass and over reach nearly over train while he has this time BUST ASS then take a down week. Get the rebound effect.

But even with those prohormones man your plan has a ton of work Id rest up as much as possible and youll need to est more than usual even if fat loss is the goal.

Phill