Crazy Newbie Wants to Play Football.

Serious, actually, though after seeing the direction the thread was going, I stopped checking back.

The work schedule doesn’t limit my time, I’m a creative type, and so get to manage my own time. My schedule is extremely light because of a class pre-req I missed. So, I get to take that class and electives this year, the CS classes I should have taken this year next year, then another year to finish up. Mind, I am stubborn, and won myself a chance to teach myself two terms of material this month and test into the class, so maybe I don’t have the free time I thought I would. Whatever.

I love Football, and want to play. If there is a chance that working out daily and hiring a coach to show me the ropes will get me a spot warming the bench, I’d be happier doing that than not trying at all. Yeah, I’m a 32 year old boy tilting at windmills. Beats sitting at home playing WoW.

Thanks for the advice, POB. I’ve about got the form down on the power cleans (I’m doing em till they tell me I can’t, at least). I’m having fun at this, so F it. If I don’t make Football, I’ll try Rugby.

Is Portland state any good? I mean sure, the guy’s not going to make it at a major program, but why the hell not let him dream.

Personally I think he should play rugby anyway, it’s a much better sport :slight_smile:

Good luck.