Crazy Leprechauns Killing My Family

I have been having some difficulty with night terrors lately. I am not just talking about bad dreams. I am talking about waking up, screaming at the top of lungs, while punching a pillow. I have had 5 of these in the last 4 months.

I dont think that they mean anything, in fact they are pretty goofy and random. For example, last night I had this dream about an evil little leprechaun trying to kill my family and I, and I woke attacking my pillow.

Does anybody have the slightest clue what could possibly cause extreme nightmares? By the way, that was the only nightmare I could remember.

I could be wrong, but that leprechaun thing doesn’t sound like a dream. It sounds real. I had a friend whose whole family was wiped out by a crazy leprechaun (except my friend). No one believed him and he is now serving 3 consecutive life sentences for someone else’s crime.

DB

I don’t know if there is a connection, but when I was majorly stressed- from death in the family and serious legal problems type stress, I would get very intense and violent dreams. My girlfriend used to wake me up because I was punching and kicking her.

No more stressors like that and no more sleep terrors for several years now.
I don’t know what you can do with that or if it even a valid conclusion, but lets hope it ends soon for you.

Add some heavybag work to your training. And if things pop into your head (while awake) don’t ignore them.

I have dreams like that on a fairly regular basis (maybe 2 a month). I recently had one truly screwed up, hopeless night-terror of a dream, and I screamed at the top of my lungs for my wife to wake me up. In the real world I actually said what I was screaming in a whimper (but loud enough to wake up my wife).

It’s some crazy stuff.

Dude, I feel you. You have my sympathy. Except I don’t have crazy leprechauns. I have fat little red demons. Yeah. Fun stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

go to http://www.nightterrors.org to get some info about your ngiht terrors. It’s not an exhaustive site, but it did help me some.

I have night terrors w/ false awakening and sleep paralysis. THAT sucks, I tell you. Trying to fight off this evil being (whatever it may be) or trying to escape and being unable to move. Sometimes it gets so bad that I have trouble breathing.

[quote]Doubledown wrote:
I have dreams like that on a fairly regular basis (maybe 2 a month). I recently had one truly screwed up, hopeless night-terror of a dream, and I screamed at the top of my lungs for my wife to wake me up. In the real world I actually said what I was screaming in a whimper (but loud enough to wake up my wife).

It’s some crazy stuff.[/quote]

Yeah. My husband has learned to listen for changes in my breathing pattern and wake me up.

I used to have night terrors, but now I don’t get scared anymore. Usually it would start with me dreaming about being in a room in my house, then when I go to turn the lights on the light wouldn’t come on. Then I’d proceed to freak out and you guys know how it is. But I haven’t freaked out about it in a long time, but I still have that dream maybe once or twice a month. Kinda wierd, I didn’t really do anything special except educate myself on the subject of night terrors.

I am by no means an expert, nor do I experience night terrors, but I was suggested valerian root. It calms your nerves and I’ve been taking it for a few months and I’ve been getting higher quality (?) sleep.

You could give it a shot.