Crazy HOT-ROX Idea

The next time I diet I’m worried about my lower ab “fat shelf” (waistband imprint from years of being fat). I was reading the HOT-ROX product description and I got this crazy idea when I read about how the gel-dispersion technology is so novel, and how those who cracked a capsule open and rubbed the stuff between their fingers were surprised to find it disappearing into their skin. I guess my idea is obvious now. In addition to regular dosing, could HOT-ROX (probably in a dilute suspension of the gel) be applied topically to problem areas to (dun dun DUN!!!) spot reduce?

I know this is possibly good but probably crazy; let’s avoid yelling “YOU CAN’T SPOT REDUCE” at me because I wouldn’t attempt it except in addition to a sound diet and training program.

Yes, it’s true, the gel can be rubbed into the skin. But, as I remember Cy or Tim saying (or both), then ingredients are better absorbed through the ingestion.

Besides, I doubt this would allow you to ‘spot reduce’ since the ingredients would just find their way into your bloodstream and be circulated (which is what you want in order for them to work).

[quote]dond1esel wrote:
The next time I diet I’m worried about my lower ab “fat shelf” (waistband imprint from years of being fat). I was reading the HOT-ROX product description and I got this crazy idea when I read about how the gel-dispersion technology is so novel, and how those who cracked a capsule open and rubbed the stuff between their fingers were surprised to find it disappearing into their skin. I guess my idea is obvious now. In addition to regular dosing, could HOT-ROX (probably in a dilute suspension of the gel) be applied topically to problem areas to (dun dun DUN!!!) spot reduce?

I know this is possibly good but probably crazy; let’s avoid yelling “YOU CAN’T SPOT REDUCE” at me because I wouldn’t attempt it except in addition to a sound diet and training program.[/quote]

As atmosphere pointed out, I really think the only effect you’re going to see will be a result of the compounds reaching systemic circulation after transdermal application. However, if you want to try this, I don’t see any harm in it, provided that you reduce the amount used orally. In other words, don’t take the maximum recommended dosage and also apply some to the skin. I’d say that for about every 2 capsules you’re going to apply to the skin, reduce your oral intake by 1 capsule.

Try it man-it won’t kill you and that’s how we find stuff out.

(By the way, I am not liable if it does kill you)

Yes, but even if it is absorbed transdermally, there still is no reason to hope for spot reduction is there? I mean, the stuff doesn’t “melt fat”, and that’s really the only way spot-application could help.

It seems to me that simply applying it where you want fat removed will actually have no localized effect, and, as you mention, simply insert it into the body as if applied anywhere else, albeit less efficiently than oral.

Or am I off base?

[quote]michaelv wrote:
Yes, but even if it is absorbed transdermally, there still is no reason to hope for spot reduction is there? I mean, the stuff doesn’t “melt fat”, and that’s really the only way spot-application could help.

It seems to me that simply applying it where you want fat removed will actually have no localized effect, and, as you mention, simply insert it into the body as if applied anywhere else, albeit less efficiently than oral.

Or am I off base?[/quote]

Honestly, its hard to tell from the add exactly all that it does. OK, it helps with proper thyroid production-that should be general, but what about the cAMP and fat blocking effects? I’m not really sure how they work.

I would say that Ephedra would have a local effect because it attaches to cells and gets them to release energy stores (I’m pretty sure because thats how adrenaline works in part)

[quote]michaelv wrote:

Or am I off base?[/quote]

No, you’re correct, but I’m never one to tell people not to experiment, provided that I don’t think it will hurt them.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
michaelv wrote:

Or am I off base?

Honestly, its hard to tell from the add exactly all that it does. OK, it helps with proper thyroid production-that should be general, but what about the cAMP and fat blocking effects? I’m not really sure how they work.

I would say that Ephedra would have a local effect because it attaches to cells and gets them to release energy stores (I’m pretty sure because thats how adrenaline works in part)
[/quote]

No local effect. Whether the compound binds to the receptor or works via post receptor mechanisms doesn’t matter, it’s still transported via systemic circulation (i.e., the blood) and that’s the same case as with endogenous catecholamines, in terms of lipolysis.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
michaelv wrote:

Or am I off base?

[/quote]

I explain how HOT-ROX works in the following column:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=461705

There’s an editorial mistake on the A7-E’s mechanisms, but the general overview it still there.