T Nation

Crazy Dream Thread

Ok I have to share this dream that I had last night with everyone. nuts as hell.

BTW I have cottage cheese and pears before I went to bed

It started out with Eric Cartman in his cartoon, I was there.

He was getting chased by these people that wanted to kill him, they had a hand grenade and they were gonna use it. So we go and become loggers, but for one of the logging company’s on the Axe Men show (I watched the whole season yesterday) And we were getting driven into the ground by these two bosses.

Fast forward a bit.

Cartman is gone, I am put to this physical stress test, they have me get on a stationary bike and pedal as fast as i can for as long as i can.

The bike grows wheels and I start hauling ass through this woods up a hill.

I cross the hill and there’s a huge as ramp, and over that ramp there is dirt bikes, cars, go karts jumping over each other on these hills (like nitro circus).

So I hit this ramp, and I’m hauling ass to this ramp coming up. I hit this ramp and get about 70 feet of air (on a stationary bike…fucked up I know.) and I land the jump, and as soon as I land it I fall of the bike.

…And I wake up

What a fucked up dream eh? Anyone got any better?

Thats a winner brauny.

Heres one I had recently. I had just watched slumdog millionaire as well as the season finale of sons of anarchy if anyone watches it. So right across the street from my house turned into the slums from the movie. These little slum kids come and steal my keys when I get out of the car. Later that night i wake up to all the people from the slums breaking into my house. Fights break out and there were all these people on my side as well, im assuming my neighbors. Suddenly shots are being fired and people are getting pelted. The cops show up and say the people from the slums have to go back to the slums as if it was normal for this to happen. Everyone leaves except the kids who stole my keys were inside my house. They ran out the back and I stuck my dog on them (half german shepherd, half golden retriever) she chases one of them down and corners this little kid on the bushes. I take the kid and say Id trade him for my keys. They dont take my offer and I walk away with the kid. I then proceed to wake up and look out the window to make sure it was a dream. Hows that for fucked up.

I used to have dreams all the time and I was able to actively make things happen. Like, I knew I was in a dream, but I could make decisions that actually effected the outcome. It was pretty cool, but pretty fucked up too as I would make choices that put me in bad situations.

I don’t know what happened though. I don’t remember any substantial dreams over the last few years. I miss it…

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
I used to have dreams all the time and I was able to actively make things happen. Like, I knew I was in a dream, but I could make decisions that actually effected the outcome. It was pretty cool, but pretty fucked up too as I would make choices that put me in bad situations.

I don’t know what happened though. I don’t remember any substantial dreams over the last few years. I miss it…[/quote]

I can’t remember any period in my life where I didn’t dream. Maybe you aren’t sleeping deeply enough?

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
I used to have dreams all the time and I was able to actively make things happen. Like, I knew I was in a dream, but I could make decisions that actually effected the outcome. It was pretty cool, but pretty fucked up too as I would make choices that put me in bad situations.

I don’t know what happened though. I don’t remember any substantial dreams over the last few years. I miss it…[/quote]

I can’t remember any period in my life where I didn’t dream. Maybe you aren’t sleeping deeply enough?

DB[/quote]

Is that a possibility? I seriously could not recall having a dream in the last few months, probably more. I already take some Zn and Mg.

Advice? Incline my bed? haha

PS- Sorry for the hijack. But DB makes me feel like I am dying…

Sounds to me like some people are hiding their homosexuality.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
I used to have dreams all the time and I was able to actively make things happen. Like, I knew I was in a dream, but I could make decisions that actually effected the outcome. It was pretty cool, but pretty fucked up too as I would make choices that put me in bad situations.

I don’t know what happened though. I don’t remember any substantial dreams over the last few years. I miss it…[/quote]

Was there anything major you were doing differently sleep-wise when you were getting those dreams? Those are called ‘lucid dreams’ and I would love to have one of those. Also, in those dreams did you feel as conscious as you are in real life? Or was everything still kind of faded like it is in a dream?

[quote]thelifter wrote:

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
I used to have dreams all the time and I was able to actively make things happen. Like, I knew I was in a dream, but I could make decisions that actually effected the outcome. It was pretty cool, but pretty fucked up too as I would make choices that put me in bad situations.

I don’t know what happened though. I don’t remember any substantial dreams over the last few years. I miss it…[/quote]

Was there anything major you were doing differently sleep-wise when you were getting those dreams? Those are called ‘lucid dreams’ and I would love to have one of those. Also, in those dreams did you feel as conscious as you are in real life? Or was everything still kind of faded like it is in a dream?
[/quote]

This was before I started lifting, so I haven’t had one of these in 6+ years.

Let me tell you- it felt so incredibly real. But yet I was fully aware it was a dream. I could do whatever I wanted. I remember telling myself I could fly, and I would just start soaring up along the wall onto the ceiling like I imagine a ghost would. It was sweet.

It was also to the point I could think about something before falling asleep, and I would dream about it. Many times I would have bad thoughts before bed, and have horrible dreams. I remember one time specifically (and I was young), we had lost a cat. Now, of course I was sad, but I was aware if I didn’t think about something else, my dream would focus on that. So I would make a point of thinking about something nice- I think I actually used happy things, like fields, and flowers and the like to prevent the bad dreams.

In regards to what I did differently, I honestly don’t know. I ate like shit and wasnt active. But I also had never had a sip of alcohol. Who knows which of these, or the numerous other activiteies I was engaging in (or not in) that caused it. All I know is I miss it.

They could get out of the closet a lot quicker if your big ass wasn’t blocking the exit.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Sounds to me like some people are hiding their homosexuality.[/quote]

A reoccurring theme in my dreams are that I have to to shoot someone (guess defend myself) and pull the trigger through but the gun doesn’t go off. Ever.

First time I took ZMA…

I was in the arctic, jumping from helicopters with no shirt, hunting Orca whales underwater with a harpoon gun in my left hand and a 6 inch blade in my right. I killed about 7 of them at once.

I then laid with some really hot eskimo ladies, for some reason the amount of clothes did not correlate with the temperature.

Woke up in a cold sweat with a massive hard-on, sadly, I have not been able to repeat the awesome that dream was.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
They could get out of the closet a lot quicker if your big ass wasn’t blocking the exit.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Sounds to me like some people are hiding their homosexuality.[/quote]
[/quote]

Very sneaky, Sis.

[quote]silverhydra wrote:
First time I took ZMA…

I was in the arctic, jumping from helicopters with no shirt, hunting Orca whales underwater with a harpoon gun in my left hand and a 6 inch blade in my right. I killed about 7 of them at once.

I then laid with some really hot eskimo ladies, for some reason the amount of clothes did not correlate with the temperature.

Woke up in a cold sweat with a massive hard-on, sadly, I have not been able to repeat the awesome that dream was.
[/quote]

LOL that is one of the most epic dreams I’ve ever heard of!

One time when I was a little kid, I had this dream where I was in church with my best friend, and this giant snake (some sort of constrictor, except, y’know, meters in diameter) came through the roof. The church empties rather quickly (or was already empty, can’t remember for sure) except for me and my friend. The snake has me caught in it’s tail section, holding me tight while it’s eating my friend, and while it’s eating him it’s telling me that I’m going to be next. Then I wake up.

Weird thing is, a couple months later somebody gave me a book on snakes, and I seem to remember reading in that book that sometimes snakes which had somehow caught, say, 2 mice, would hold one with their tail so it couldn’t get away while they ate the other one. That way they could eat both mice. Never fact-checked that, but as a kid it weirded me out quite a bit.

@ coolnatedawg

easiest, almost fool-proof way to train your mind to dream “louder”: the protocol

Immediately after waking up, think about your dreams and make some notes. Even if you think you didn’t dream at all, think again and note down even the slightest dream-hunch.

Also, before sleeping, tell yourself to dream. Imagine a scenario. It helps if it’s a very plausible one. Like fucking all your female co-workers or going on an epic hunt (you’re a guy, right?).

i had a dream once that i had this newborn baby that was apparently mine. i left it in my car in the back seat, not in a car seat but just propped up.
i then went out for breakfast with my family. after a while i realized i left my baby in the car and i should go check on it.
then i couldn’t find the parking lot my car was in. once i finally found it my baby was fine, just sweating like mad.

OHHH i had a dream i was working in The Office, and michael was talking about meredith and how much he makes fun of her for being divorced twice. then he said that he was actually one of her ex-husbands but they’re not telling anyone. i was sooo sure that it was an actual episode.

AND i had a dream that i found this hard little circle thing, attached to the skin on my hand. it was stuck on there and when i pulled it off the skin from that area of my hand fell off. then i started seeing these hard circle things all over me, and everytime id pull one off more skin would come off. not just a layer of skin, but ALL the skin. i was on my way out the door to go to the hospital when all my belly skin fell off and i had to carry it with me to the car. that is all.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
@ coolnatedawg

easiest, almost fool-proof way to train your mind to dream “louder”: the protocol

Immediately after waking up, think about your dreams and make some notes. Even if you think you didn’t dream at all, think again and note down even the slightest dream-hunch.

Also, before sleeping, tell yourself to dream. Imagine a scenario. It helps if it’s a very plausible one. Like fucking all your female co-workers or going on an epic hunt (you’re a guy, right?).

[/quote]

Ill try this out. Thanks!

You know a lot of girls named Nate? lol

Anytime, fellow heavily-pigmented higher-intelligence life form, any time.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
They could get out of the closet a lot quicker if your big ass wasn’t blocking the exit.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Sounds to me like some people are hiding their homosexuality.[/quote]
[/quote]

Very sneaky, Sis.[/quote]

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Imagine a scenario. It helps if it’s a very plausible one. Like fucking all your female co-workers
[/quote]

Does not compute