Crazy Combat Sports Theories

Lynn Swann, I remember seeing a highlight reel on him in ESPN Classic. Most of it consisted of him leaping high in the air & lightly floating back down.

Narrator claimed that he was a ballet student since child hood because his parents wanted a girl. Shortly after it was publicized many other NFL Wide Receivers studied ballet.

Here’s 2 theories I hate. The nose bone puncturing someones brain when strucked & registering hands because they are deadly weapons.

[quote]DeadRamones wrote:
Lynn Swann, I remember seeing a highlight reel on him in ESPN Classic. Most of it consisted of him leaping high in the air & lightly floating back down.

Narrator claimed that he was a ballet student since child hood because his parents wanted a girl. Shortly after it was publicized many other NFL Wide Receivers studied ballet.

Here’s 2 theories I hate. The nose bone puncturing someones brain when strucked & registering hands because they are deadly weapons.[/quote]

While the registering hands as a dangerous weapon things is a myth, if you get a boxing license then they could bring that up in court if are given assault charges. Plus you get it suspended.

Yes that is true. If a Jury is aware that you are trained in any form of combat Martialarts-army training. It makes you look bad.

Obtaining a black belt in most arts require you to register w/ the governing body of that art in order to be a legit Black Belt. All that is public record so you’re pretty much fucked either way if you decide to fight in the streets & end up in court.

I just hate when people are like, My cousin so & so is a black belt in this & that, He had to register his hands.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
You may. That is main purpose of the board, discussing things, right?

I know too many scrawny fighters who hit like a mule just through decades of training.
An old kendo master with a stick will bash your head in easily, without squats nor milk.

You also have to understand that most of us males here never has to face hard labour.
Weight training prodices phenomenal growth especially at the beginning because most men are historically speaking, rather weak nd undertrained. And the last two decades were obsessed with cardio and cardio related sports (America may be different with AmFootball).

A fighter should probably play around with weights at least once seriously.
But developing your technique will produce better results by a mile. And that you will have to practice consistently. For Years. Decades, even.

It is certainly a bit more complicated, but I have already written a large post in a different thread, so for now let me leave you with this.[/quote]

Wrong! The main purpose of this board is for me to prove everyone else wrong.

Jking :stuck_out_tongue:

That being said i agree that technique is more important than weights. I do not agree that weights are not important.
I believe that alot of power comes from hips and obliques/core.
Training hip power with sumo squats or using overheard squats or suitcase deadlifts for core is something that would add muscle and help with the “neural connections”.
You can then get your body to learn how to use that muscle in the production of force.
Get it?

[quote]DeadRamones wrote:
The nose bone puncturing someones brain when strucked [/quote]

This is also a myth.

I am an only child and I suck at grappling. I still love it, though.

Only childs who grapple love to randomly armbar/guillotine choke their parents/friends/pets.