T Nation

Crazy Claims

I am sure some of you have heard some pretty crazy things at the gym. Sice lift at home I am not botherd by such things.

However I heard one at work last night that is worth posting.

One of my coworkers walk by my machine while I was mixing my pre-bed shake. He says “Man those shakes will make you fat as hell” I reply “This is low carb, it will not make me fat” than he tells me " Well when I was 22 I started lifting at 125 pounds, one (1) month of taking every vitamin they have and driking one gallon of mike a day and I was up to 185 pounds and 18" guns"

I said wow. This is the same guy that told me not to squat because he once mistakely squated 600 pounds when he thought he loaded up 300 pounds.

I love when people like that give me diet advice. He eats 2 sandwitched a day and wonders why he cant get in shape.

vent is over.

Yeah, you know six plates on the bar looks deceptively close to 3 plates…

18 inch guns my ass.

I see guys with 18" to 20" guns all the time, except they are the kind of guns that don’t get bigger when they flex and have cellulite where the triceps are supposed to be.

You should let him know that GUNS are measured around the arm not down it.

[quote]streamline wrote:
You should let him know that GUNS are measured around the arm not down it.[/quote]

That is a pretty short arm then.

I don’t know if it’s physically possible to have 18" arms when you weigh 185lbs.

He should probably stop drinking a gallon of “Mike” everyday too.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
streamline wrote:
You should let him know that GUNS are measured around the arm not down it.

That is a pretty short arm then.[/quote]

What you got a problem with short arm fellas? I chop ya nuts off AAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

I suppose he “mistakenly” also deadlifted 550 and “happened to accidentally” have benched 485 too, right?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I don’t know if it’s physically possible to have 18" arms when you weigh 185lbs.

He should probably stop drinking a gallon of “Mike” everyday too. [/quote]

Haha you noticed that too ‘drinking a gallon of Mike’ is that the kind of thing that goes on at Michael Barrymore’s pool parties?

speaking of weird arms i saw the weirdest arms today on this like his triceps went into his arm i wish i had a better way to describe it was like he was missing part of the muscle or something, just freakish.

…just a weird guy overall though, he wears sunglasses in the gym and does the most retarded shit.

If he can’t add correctly, you probably shouldn’t take any advice from him

Belive me I take no advice from him. I just can’t bealive some one would even say they gained 60 pounds in one month.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I am sure some of you have heard some pretty crazy things at the gym. Sice lift at home I am not botherd by such things.

However I heard one at work last night that is worth posting.

One of my coworkers walk by my machine while I was mixing my pre-bed shake. He says “Man those shakes will make you fat as hell” I reply “This is low carb, it will not make me fat” than he tells me " Well when I was 22 I started lifting at 125 pounds, one (1) month of taking every vitamin they have and driking one gallon of mike a day and I was up to 185 pounds and 18" guns"

I said wow. This is the same guy that told me not to squat because he once mistakely squated 600 pounds when he thought he loaded up 300 pounds.

I love when people like that give me diet advice. He eats 2 sandwitched a day and wonders why he cant get in shape.

vent is over.[/quote]

haha that 600 pound squat thing is funny… I have friends who WORKOUT and think that protein shakes are steroids

[quote]DF85 wrote:
Belive me I take no advice from him. I just can’t bealive some one would even say they gained 60 pounds in one month.

[/quote]

In an attempt to get flamed, Casey Viator did it. 62 pounds.

www.bodybuildingfanatic.com/coloradoexperiment.htm

A LOT of it was muscle memory, or whatever you want to call it.

I have a little cousin, 5-8 145lbs, who insists he’s benched 365lbs? His arms are at most 12in and I can see his heart through his chest, maybe he did it on a Bowflex?

When you say he does the most retarded shit - do you mean in the gym or do you follow him to the toilet and look at his logs?

:wink:

Some people were put on this earth solely to entertain us with their twisted view on life. I think the worst part is they believe themselves or are even stupider in thinking we believe them.

[quote]bmitch wrote:

I have friends who WORKOUT and think that protein shakes are steroids[/quote]

If I hear one more person at my gym say that they’re “doing protein” now because they started drinking protein shakes, I’m going to kick in someone’s eye socket.

DOING protein? Really? That sounds pretty edgy, be careful you don’t overdose…

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
bmitch wrote:

I have friends who WORKOUT and think that protein shakes are steroids

If I hear one more person at my gym say that they’re “doing protein” now because they started drinking protein shakes, I’m going to kick in someone’s eye socket.

DOING protein? Really? That sounds pretty edgy, be careful you don’t overdose…[/quote]

Usually the same people who are getting ready for a cycle of creatine. You don’t wanna stay ‘on’ that shit for too long…

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:

If I hear one more person at my gym say that they’re “doing protein”…[/quote]

How on earth do you have sex with a protein shake?