Crave Carbs At Night?

Eat more FATS, that will lower your cravings.

[quote]Hawkson101 wrote:
Every night I get a craving for carbs

Ice cream, cookies, mac and cheese, pasta

you name it, it sounds good
during the day this craving isn’t really there, but at night its on full throttle.

However, T-Nation for the most part says ‘dont eat carbs at night’ It seems like my body is asking for carbs at night. Possibly, an insulin spike followed by a crash would put me to bed.

Does anyone else get a carb craving before bed? If so, why then are we not supposed to eat carbs at night if our bodies desire carbs?

BTW-goals are the usual, get stronger and bigger and lost fat…all at the same time[/quote]

your body wants what it has been getting. if you are trying to create a change in your body, you need to change your diet. you first make the changes in your head, force your body to go along and then your body adjusts to your new program and diet.

I get this all the time as well. I agree with what most of what is being given for advice.

I, like, Miserere consume enough healthy fats during the day, however; at night I begin to crave carbs.

I have found that the answer for me, like others have said, is to eat a protein and fat snack.

I had this happen last night and I ate half a boneless skinless chicken breast with melted swiss cheese and the craving went away.

I find that if I give in to the carb craving, it is only temporarily satisfied and I end up craving more carbs again.

P/F is definately the answer for me. Hope that helps.

Michelle

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:
Eat more FATS, that will lower your cravings.[/quote]

No workie.

I have the same problem…I have no issues at all eating clean but at night…the cravings…my God!

I get plenty of healthy fats …45g fish oil…red meat etc.

I will have to try that butterscotch pudding thing…sound delicious.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Yes, it’s the fat free sugar free jello [b]POWDER[/b] that you add to the shake. You don’t prepare the jello ahead of time. Just add a few teaspoons or tablespoons to the shake for the flavoring.[/quote]

It took me a while to get a hold of the jello powder (they were out when I went shopping last week), but they had it yesterday, and I just prepared one of these shakes for dinner.

Only one difference, I used Cookies’n’Cream, cos I have no use for Vanilla protein powder. Dude, it’s delicious! I don’t know how, but it tastes like this pecan ice cream that I used to love. I also didn’t use too much water (400 ml) and added ice cubes, so it’s thick and cold. I wonder if I could freeze it…?

I’ll be having more of these for dinner in the future.

Thanks Nate!

Only “carb craving” I get at night is for beer.

Drinking tea generally makes this go away for me.