Crashing After PWO Shake

I keep on crashing hard after my post workout shakes my diet is as follows:

3:30am: 2 dialene 4
4am: 3 eggs, 1 english muffin w/ Blueberry jam, 1 glass OJ, 1 omega complex, 1 sesamin, 1 glucosamine

4:30am: animal pak

5:30am: Vasocharge

6am: workout (drink workout drink consisting of 6 scoops xtend, 8g whey, 24g dextrose)

7:30am: Post workout shake consisting of 20g whey, and 44g dextrose - I tried to spread this out 30 minutes today to see if it would help

9:00am: 30g whey mixed in 40g oatmeal, 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 dialene 4

11:30am: 160g broccoli, 84g chicken, 30g walnuts, 1 sesamin, 1 glucosamine, 1 omega complex

2:00pm: 130g banana, 20g walnuts, 1 cup skim milk

I seemed to be ok at first then I felt a little sluggish around 9:30, took a nap and was better, then driving to school at around 2:30 I felt all strange and imbalanced, kind of felt like dieing or fainting and my head feeled awkward …could someone help PLEASE!!

and my last two meals are

5:30pm: 160g broccoli, 84g chicken, 30g walnuts, 1 glucosamine, 1 sesamin, 1 omega complex

8:30pm: 30g whey, 1 cup milk

Bed at 9-10

You’ve got some weird and wonderful supplements in there - dialene 4, vasocharge, xtend…???

I’d drop them out and see if it helps. If it does, then start adding them back in one by one and see how you respond. Vasocharge sounds like a NO2 product so I would just plain avoid that.

Otherwise, try having a more solid meal about 45min after you PWO shake.

That’s an awfully long time for the crash to kick in. Usually it’s right around 60-90 minutes after the PWO supplement.

Perhaps try moving your 9:00 A.M. meal up a bit. Based on what you’ve said with regard to timing, I have no reason to believe that this would help, but experimantation might be worth a try.

Personally, I hated having to time my meal just right to avoid the crash, so I switched from dextrose/malto to waxy maize starch. I can’t explain why the results differ, but they do.

[quote]fat wilhelm wrote:
Personally, I hated having to time my meal just right to avoid the crash, so I switched from dextrose/malto to waxy maize starch. I can’t explain why the results differ, but they do.[/quote]

Your absorption rate isn’t as fast, so you won’t get the same “ill” effects - at least in my experience of different post workout experiments.

maybe its because you wake up SO FREAKING EARLY.

Well, your complex carbs (oatmeal) should prevent a crash but it isn’t you say? Or is the crash occuring before the oatmeal? I apologize I didn’t read thoroughly (tired). What is most likely causing you the crash is the simple sugars (dextrose ie glucose). You need to add in a source of complex carbs right then and there at your PWO along with the dextrose for a slow release of carbs.

Throw the freaking pharmacy out the window. Jeezus.
Stay on protein only and creatine for a while.
OK, the fish oil is fine, and so is the glucosamine if you really need it.

Here’s the thing:
After the PWO shake, you should eat a real meal - real, not whey crap - between 1 and 2 hours later. Like, a loaf of bread, a bunch of eggs, cheese, lettuce, and an apple, or something like that.

Finally, try a real PWO formula. You can get Surge right on this site if you click the Store link at the top of the page. At $2 per serving, it’s worth a shot.

Oh yeah, and eat more real food and reduce the supplements. I mean, whey at your last meal? That makes no sense.

Going towards the end of the day, the fats intake should increase, and the carbs intake should decrease. Also, the last meals should contain slow protein, such as casein (cottage cheese), not fast protein (whey).

Try sleeping more.

Ya I am going to start my new training routine on monday(periodization) and am switching over to the Anabolic Diet and cleaned everything up a bit and this is going to be my daily diet for the first two weeks (12 days). oh and I’m not waking up at 3:30…First meal is at 7am so i’ll be getting at least 9 hours a sleep each night

Meal 1: 6 eggs, 2oz bacon, multi vitamin, 1 glucosamine, fiber supplement
totals: 765 calories, 56g protein, 54g fat, 0 carbs

Meal 2: 8oz Salmon, 1tbsp flaxseed oil
totals: 535 calories, 45g protein, 39g fat, 0g carbs

Pre/during workout: 1 scoop whey, 6 scoops XTEND
totals: 120 calories, 22g protein, 2g fat, 3g carbs

Post Workout: 2 scoops whey, 2 scoops XTEND, 5g Arginine, 5g creatine
totals: 240 calories, 44g protein, 4g fat, 6g carbs

Meal 3: 8oz chicken, 1tbsp flaxseed oil, 1 glucosamine, fiber supplement
totals: 495 calories, 70g protein, 22g fat, 0 carbs

Meal 4: 8oz steak, 3oz colby cheese
totals: 745 calories, 91g protein, 40g fat, 3 carbs

Meal 5: 8oz cottage cheese, 2tbsp Natural Peanut butter, multi vitamin, 1 glucosamine, fiber supplement
totals: 440 calories, 31g protein, 26g fat, 18g carbs

and on off non-workout days I am going to cut out the pre/post workout shakes

Daily Totals: 3340 Calories, 359g protein, 187g fat, 30g carbs(workout)
Daily Totals: 2980 Calories, 293g protein, 178g fat, 21g carbs(non-workout)

the diet said to start at bodyweight x 18 which for me was 187 x 18=3366
and the breakdown was 52%fat, 45% protein…What do you all think??

i think you should add 800 calories of bed time into the mix.