Crashed on TRT, Recommended DIM?

Ok,been on TRT since November '13. Current dosing has been 150mg/wk of Cyp w/ no AI.

Bloodwork from 6 Weeks ago was the following:
Total Test: 763 ng/dL
SHBG: 41.5 nmol/L
Free Test: 15.15 ng/dL
Estradiol: 34.8 pg/mL

Bloodwork from THIS WEEK is as follows:
Total Test: 493 ng/dL
SHBG: 30.2 nmol/L
Free Test: 10.99 ng/dL
Estradiol: 30.2 pg/mL

WTF?!!! Drastic drop in total test, free test drop of almost 5, drastic drop in SHGB, and slight rise in E2. As of now, TRT clinic has decided to up my dosage to 170 mg/wk and suggested I start on DIM as an alternative to Arimidex. I have been experiencing excessive water retention & bloating, no gyno issues thankfully, snappiness, irritability, and drop in libido.

Anybody care to chime in with thoughts/comments???

Emotional side effects-that you describe-are more from drastic fluctuations of hormones/neurotransmitters/neurohormones than purely a stable level (high or low) of one or the other. So to say your emotional effects are from estradiol (which, though it high in relation to your testosterone, is not so high as to causing you severe side effects) is probably not the full story…DIM I guess can be helpful. I have never tried it but yes it is something that people use to hypothetically reduce their estradiol.

So nobody has experienced the same thing? I have done some searching and cannot find any info as to why my test levels would crash while on TRT and the same dosage for 6 weeks.

How many times a week are you injecting T. Breaking it into at least two injections should help. I would have started here before upping the dose.

Upping the dose is just going to make E2 rise even more. DIM probably isn’t going to lower it back down enough, but you can try.

This is a TRT clinic called “Low T Center” that is growing at an absurd pace here the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area. They will only do injections 1x/wk, and you have to go in to have it done. They also will not give a prescription. Really and truly need to find a doc here that will give a script. Tired of wasting an hour a week plus gas just to drive over there for less than 10 minutes.

Yeah, that’s less than ideal for sure. Finding a doc that will write a script should be your focus. If you told the center you going to start looking for a new doc, would they still not give you a script?

From what I have been told, they do not give any prescriptions. I’m guessing it’s due to their business model…If they give a script, then there’s not reason for you to make a trip every week and them get to charge for it.

you could always try HCG or a SERM. You can get those from international pharmacies and treat yourself if you’re so inclined. I’ve been doing this for some time now. Started with HCG. T stayed up. Then moved to a SERM. T is still acceptable as I systematically lower my SERM dose. E2 has been tough to dial in, but that’s the story of my life. Having a labcorp reasonably close to do testing is the key. $75 ever few weeks as I try different protocols.