T Nation

Crappy Food Better Than No Food?

[quote]iArts wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
op how old are you

and if you want people to take the time to reply you should put more effort into your posts.

what do you consider ‘garbage’ food? How long will it be until you have access to ‘non-garbage’? When was the last time you ate before having to make this decision? How often does this situation arise? [/quote]

Let’s say you had breakfast at 7AM. Some snack at 10AM. At 12PM you have nothing around you but garbage(McD’s,Burger King,KFC,etc.). Next time you’ll eat is around 5-6PM.
This situation arises 3-5 times/week.

I’m 21.[/quote]

This is total garbage. You didn’t even mention Five Guys. If you are truly serious about getting big and strong you need to eat Five Guys 4-5 times a week. No more McDonalds.

Totals are more important that anything else.

Don’t freak out about not eating every 2 hours.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Totals are more important that anything else.

Don’t freak out about not eating every 2 hours.[/quote]

true that!!! could you imagine that we had to eat every 2 hours. makes you wonder how we survived as a species before agriculture.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
Eating junk is better than not eating, but it’s not going to make you big and strong. [/quote]

Really?

Waylander eats 2-4 double cheeseburgers A NIGHT. You know who he is right? The 6’2 290lber in his early twenties. Maybe you need to pipe down until you’ve actually walked the walk.

Have you missed the discussions about carb sources, and how they dont matter. ESPECIALLY when adding muscle, done properly. Fuck youre pretty stupid for someone with so much to say. It’s not that I dont not like you, I just think your posts are trash.

Thought of this thread, needed a snack and just grabbed a couple Naked Tenders (3 pcs) from Popeyes.

170 cals, 2 gs fat, 0 sat./trans fat, 25 cholesterol, 550 mg. sodium, 2 carbs, 0 gs sugar, 26 gs protein.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
Eating junk is better than not eating, but it’s not going to make you big and strong. [/quote]

Really?

Waylander eats 2-4 double cheeseburgers A NIGHT. You know who he is right? The 6’2 290lber in his early twenties. Maybe you need to pipe down until you’ve actually walked the walk.

Have you missed the discussions about carb sources, and how they dont matter. ESPECIALLY when adding muscle, done properly. Fuck youre pretty stupid for someone with so much to say. It’s not that I dont not like you, I just think your posts are trash. [/quote]

haha you sure are bitter. I said that eating poptarts and potato chips isn’t the way to get big and strong. You read that, I know. You just looked for a way to misinterpret what I said and turn it in to a personal attack on me because…well I really don’t know why but I’ve learned that there are a lot of inexplicably rude and angry people in the world, and reason really doesn’t resonate with them.

I’m sorry you can’t get over it bro.

I think bonez needs to get his boner wet or sumthin. Lack of puss can turn a cool dude into a douche real quick.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Man, I ask myself this question every time I visit my family over the holiday. In my mother’s fridge you find shit, shit, and more shit.[/quote]

They do own a toilet right?[/quote]

Har har har

I just came back from a 3-day vacation. I’m only 16 so if my parents don’t want me to pack 3 days of meals, I’m not going to, and I didn’t. Instead of eating 5 meals a day, I ate 3 and made breakfast and lunch nice and big. I just brought a bag of whey isolate which was also helpful. But for someone older who is in total control of his life, I don’t see why he could not just buy, cook, and prepare meals in bulk and take them whereever he goes.

I think crappy food is better though. If I was in a 10’x10’ prison cell and the only food I got was a poptart for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, then I wouldn’t worry too much about my carb ceiling for the day. But in all other cases I would either have packed in advance or go to KFC to get a breast, a thigh, and a bowl of beans.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

Really?

Have you missed the discussions about carb sources, and how they dont matter. ESPECIALLY when adding muscle, done properly. Fuck youre pretty stupid for someone with so much to say. It’s not that I dont not like you, I just think your posts are trash. [/quote]

haha you sure are bitter. I said that eating poptarts and potato chips isn’t the way to get big and strong. You read that, I know. You just looked for a way to misinterpret what I said and turn it in to a personal attack on me because…well I really don’t know why but I’ve learned that there are a lot of inexplicably rude and angry people in the world, and reason really doesn’t resonate with them.

I’m sorry you can’t get over it bro.[/quote]

Who cares about poptarts when the thread is about fast food? Further examples of how useless your posts are.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

Really?

Who cares about poptarts when the thread is about fast food? Further examples of how useless your posts are. [/quote]

Where do you see “fast food” written in the original post, which is what I responded to? If anything, this only serves as further example of your inexplicably bad attitude and determination to be angry about literally anything I write.

He had asked him to expand further on his OP and the examples he used were fast food, which was after your poptarts and potato chip comment.

743, what part of FL you in?

[quote]TDave wrote:
He had asked him to expand further on his OP and the examples he used were fast food, which was after your poptarts and potato chip comment.

743, what part of FL you in?[/quote]

Gainesville

I’m stuck in north Orlando, aka Sanford. Hence the knowledge on how to survive on crap food in a bind.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

Really?

Who cares about poptarts when the thread is about fast food? Further examples of how useless your posts are. [/quote]

Where do you see “fast food” written in the original post, which is what I responded to? If anything, this only serves as further example of your inexplicably bad attitude and determination to be angry about literally anything I write.[/quote]

Ah yes. Youre merit-less, inapplicable general statement made simply to see your own underwear on the screen.

if you have to eat fast food, and i use the words “have to” very loosely, just choose wisely. Mcdonalds makes an angus burger which is pretty high in protein. skip the nuggets (even though they are DELICIOUS albeit oddly shaped) and the sugary drinks. basically, just check the protein content. if youre trying to gain weight dont worry about the rest. ive even heard of guys ordering 2-3 double cheeseburgers without the buns.

or find a subway if youre that worried about it.

I dont think anyone has said this yet, but the obvious to me is PROTEIN BARS. No prep, just find one that is appropriate for what you want. ie, some have more carbs, some less carbs, some loaded with carbs and protein. Very handy and work in a pinch. Keep some in your car for emergencies.

One more thing, also gotta be carefull with the heat, chocolate protein bars will melt etc.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

Really?

Where do you see “fast food” written in the original post, which is what I responded to? If anything, this only serves as further example of your inexplicably bad attitude and determination to be angry about literally anything I write.[/quote]

Ah yes. Youre merit-less, inapplicable general statement made simply to see your own underwear on the screen. [/quote]

i think the guy in the underwear is talking sense, you are just trying to insult him.