Crappy Deadlift Video

I actually didn’t hurt my back deadlifting, believe it or not I hurt it doing the stack on calf raises and it put a weird pressure on my back, then I did leg press very heavy and that put some aykward pressure that hurt my back. It was hurt but the next workout five days later i tried to deadlift and hurt it doing like 275. I knew it was all over.

Then I did the prescribed rehab which is intense and IT WORKS.

Those therapies will also work preventative, I find just listening to your body , you’ll know wether or not to deadlift, I always check how my grip strength is how I feel etc if its not there I stop and do something else.

MY ART provider says that my psoas is like a concrete pillar even more than most of his professional athletes. You really need to stretch those hip rotators,flexors and psoas or it will battle against the hips.

Not wearing a belt has really given me a strong back and has become part of the therapy process, I find belts act as a crutch for me.

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
how serious was your injury? and to which part of the back was it too?

today i worked up to my first 3 rep max on a box squat, i had some left in the tank but my form was going and my back was hurting afterwords…i dont think my injury is very severe, it felt like it was going away last week but all of a sudden came back this week. all it is some soreness/stiffness in the lumber region, right side, i shall look into some of the things you did to rehab though[/quote]

This is jut me but I hate box squats I dont like the feeling of compressing my spine sitting on a box. I think for football its great but for me it just isn’t a match. I would much rather do full squats with a five second negative (no belt or wraps) , or do front squats, split squats, db squats etc.

seriously find a good sports acupuncture I find that tissues in the back close up and just opening them will elliviate most of the pain. as well as getting the scare tissue out of the psoas and hiip flexor, you find that you are squating like a sixteen year old kid.