CPT vs. CSCS

does anybody know if the upcoming tests in the fall are going to be using the current edition text or the new updated version?

Thanks,

Aaron

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
sumgai, if this guy just graduated, he may have student loans out the wazoo, and maybe no job.
$150 may not sound like much, but when you’re a recent grad, and even considering med school, money can be tight.[/quote]

2nd. 150 is a lot of money to me right now too (recent graduate as well).

Looks like I am going to attempt to take this thing in december and start reading the book this month. I just need something to get me on my feet while I still try and get a full time job teaching physical education.

I’d encourage you to go with the CSCS. I have a CFT through the ISSA, and plan to maintain it, but will be pursuing a CSCS in the coming year.

As it’s been said, it’s effectively an all-access pass to whatever aspect of the fitness industry you want.

I would go with the CSCS. Since i have had it I have had no trouble finding a job in the fitness industry more specifically the athletic development side. That being said, i also got my USAW Club Coach and USA Track and Field which helps. But if its just PT or general fitness, then the CSCS should be fine. I think i spent about 3 months thoroughly studying the book my senior year of college before i took the test, and my major was Kinesiology with a Nutrition minor. Good luck in whichever you choose.