CPF Nationals Meet Report

Lifted in the Junior and Open Amateur 125kg classes.
20yrs old, weighed in at 124.5kgs, cut from 133kgs

The Good:
3 World Junior Records
3 Men’s National Records
PR’s across the board
First 600 bench and deadlift
Amateur Elite total

The Bad
Weak as hell after cutting almost 20lbs of water weight
Only made 6 of 10 attempts
Record Lifts were 2-1
Left a considerable amount on the platform and in the Hottub

The Ugly
My nosedive with the 370kg squat
Deadlifting shirtless :stuck_out_tongue:

ok, details
I cut 18lbs of water weight for this meet, and while I made it back I, like Jeff, learned it affects the squat far more than anything else. Warmups felt a lil heavy, but its me… Im Pigheaded, and figured go ahead as planned.

Squats
341kg 2-1 whitelights. Got the first world record out of the way. felt heavy as fuck, and moved like it.
370kg Miss. Epic fail… anyone ever seen Chad Aichs’ dump from a few years back? Like that. AWPC rules state no saftey chains on WR squats, and that needs to change. I’m very thankful the spotters were ok, because someone could have been seriously injured, and if the chains were allowed to stay, that would not have been an issue.
Passed on 3rd.

Bench
250kg 2-1 Whites. Went easy. WR#2
272.5kg 2-1 Whites. WR#2
280kg 3 Reds. Missed right at lockout on my right arm. thought i was much further than i was from the end, turns out my left arm was locked, and Righty was maybe an inch away… MF’er!

Deadlift
250kg Good (cant remember lights). Straps loose, was a bitch but moved easy
265kg good. Took a smaller jump to be safe. Grip gave out but kept it on fingertips long enough to get the Down.
272.5kg Good. Same as above
282.5 No Lift, couldnt get my 4th. drifted away from me and lost it before the knees.

Finished with a 886kg total, good 3 AWPC Junior world records and 7 national records (3 Open, 4 Junior). As hard as it is to say it, i am still disappointed with this. I had hoped to break the 910kg mark for a Pro Elite total as well, but couldn’t swing it after a disappointing squat session. I think my body decided it no longer wants to cut that much weight, and after that I agree with it. I think it’s time to move into the 308’s and not worry so much about weightclass. That being said, its an encouraging sign that I can have such a strong showing after shitting the bed to start. When I get my shit together, this will be entertaining.

Nice lifting Chris!

That was a hell of a dump. What’s up with the no knee wraps?

I would have liked to go out and watch this meet, it looked like a lot of fun. Do you have a link to the results?

results should be up on the CPF website soon. as for the no kneewraps, I tore up my knees a bunch back when i played football, and have found that wrapping them tight enough to get any support out of them kills my knees for days afterwards. I’m gonna have to figure out some way of working around that and getting used to it. The thing that pissed me off was that Ive done that lift atleast a dozen times in training no problem but i guess it leaves something to do next meet, eh? lol

Great job Chris. That was a spectacular dump. I’ll give you two thumbs up for that one :slight_smile: I’ve recently dumped one over my head at home and thought I’d get injured it if happened at a meet because it happens very fast. I thought for sure you wrecked your knee. I cried a bit in sympathy.

Congratulations on all the records. You showed a lot of mental strength doing so well after that squat fail. That’s what makes a winner in my opinion.

kickass dump…

[quote]chrisarmes wrote:
results should be up on the CPF website soon. as for the no kneewraps, I tore up my knees a bunch back when i played football, and have found that wrapping them tight enough to get any support out of them kills my knees for days afterwards. I’m gonna have to figure out some way of working around that and getting used to it. The thing that pissed me off was that Ive done that lift atleast a dozen times in training no problem but i guess it leaves something to do next meet, eh? lol[/quote]

Oh, tell them the truth! When it comes to wraps you’re just a big baby! :wink: Then again, some us aren’t strong like you and need all the help we can get! Canvas wraps until your knees bleed!

Good lifting dude!

Jeff

Haha, shit, I forgot you come on here Beaker! Shhh! no one’s supposed to know that’s the reason :wink:

Results are up here

http://www.proamcanada.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11:2010-cpf-canadian-pro-am-meet-results

Mat Court’s 1152 Squat was definitely the highlight of the weekend. Dude is beastly strong