CPF Amateur Provincials Meet Write-Up

Ok guys, so here’s a little rundown of what happened, and some fuzzy thoughts about the day. I lifted in the Junior 140kg (308lbs) class at a bodyweight of 127.7kg (281.5lbs). Had it not been the end of semester, I would have cut, but screw it.

Squat
There was only one monolift at the meet, so I warmed up to 405 in the back room, walked out in briefs (never want to do THAT again :P) then suited up on the platform, and finished with a 330kg squat to get ready.

1st Attempt: 390kg - Turned down 2-1 on depth. I rushed it, and to be honest, probably should have paid a bit more attention. I figured it was a foregone conclusion and it cost me.
2nd Attempt: 390kg - 2 Whites, 1 Red. It passed, it wasn’t pretty but it passed.
3rd Attempt: 410kg - Turned down 2-1. I was an inch or so high, and the judges made the right call. Had I let it settle, I would have had it. That being said, I’m glad the judges didn’t give it as a gift.

Bench
Wasn’t sure how this’d go, since I’ve been in that shirt twice ever, and been woefully inconsistant the last few months.

1st Attempt: 227.5kg - 3 Whites. Easy enough
2nd Attempt: 250kg - Collar slid up, took forever to touch since I was off balance and went nowhere fast.
3rd Attempt: 251kg - 3 whites. Pulled the collar down, actually got it to stay and smoked it.

Deadlift
1st Attempt: 250kg - 3 Whites. Gave me a Total PR
2nd Attempt: 275kg - 3 Whites. Best I’ve ever hit in a meet
3rd Attempt: 286kg - 3 Whites. Easiest pull of the day, a big pr, and a lot left on the platform.

Totaled 927kg, but since its rounded down to the nearest 2.5, it officially was 925kg.

The Good:
41kg Total PR
Tied or Broke all 4 CPF Amateur Jr. National Records
2nd Elite total
First 2000+lbs total
First “Best Lifter”
My deadlift has really taken off. I was probably good for something north of 295. At nationals, I think I’ll need to take a shot at a long time goal of 302.5kg (666lbs)

The Bad
Need to work depth more on the squat
Need more time in the bench shirt
Need to gameplan a bit better and not leave weight on the platform.

Muchos thanks to Clint, Tom, Jeff, Clark, Matt & the Whole ANVIL POWER crew

It sounds like you had an awesome day. Clint seems to come through for everyone.

Are you still riding a high? When was the meet? We’ve been so wrapped up in preparing for nationals, that date escaped me.

glad to see your deadlift coming up

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
It sounds like you had an awesome day. Clint seems to come through for everyone.

Are you still riding a high? When was the meet? We’ve been so wrapped up in preparing for nationals, that date escaped me.[/quote]

Meet was yesterday. Still riding the high a bit. The burst blood vessels and black eyes from the squat are a nice reminded that it was a good one :stuck_out_tongue: Unfortunately Clint had a rough one yesterday. Missed 3 attempts at 785-ish. We set the shirt the same as always, but it just didn’t go his way. Its a new shirt, and he’s had a busy couple weeks, so that may have made matters worse. He’ll smoke that and more at Nationals in June!

[quote]HERC410 wrote:
glad to see your deadlift coming up[/quote]

Same, its sucked for so long that it was bound to get better eventually :stuck_out_tongue: I definitely left weight on the bar there by being conservative.