COVID19: Perspective From A (Sort Of...) Expert-Adjacent Person

With the speed in which it’s spreading and it’s ability to infect vaccinated individuals and make them contagious to others, I think it may render our current vaccines worthless when it comes to creating herd immunity. This is just a feeling from the limited amount of information I have atm.

EDIT:

I get part of the booster shots and all. The UK scientists have even stated that our current vaccines haven’t been proven to be able to completely prevent people from getting infected, just limiting the severity of symptoms. But goal should still be to eventually eradicate the virus through enough people being immune, or at least reducing it’s contagiousness to the point where vaccinated people who have it can be easily quarantined without spreading it as easily.

What I think we’re seeing is the inability of our top minds to keep up with the mutations this virus can go through and the speed in which it can do so. India is just one country with a large population and poor standards of living which allow the virus to incubate and mutate more easily. There’re also countries like Indonesia and the African continent. A vaccinated individual from Vietnam is part of a new cluster over here although the virus strain and chain of causation are unclear.

To be perfectly honest without intending to scare anyone since I could be, and am likely, completely wrong, I’m smelling another lockdown here in the near future despite vaccines being rolled out at a pretty fast pace so I’m currently making plans in anticipation of it. The government here has already banned all travellers from India and Bangladesh from entry. This is how seriously they’re taking it.

Again, these are all just opinions since I’m not a scientist nor am I educated in anything related to this don’t take this too seriously, guys. I could easily be dead wrong. I’m just answering the question I was asked honestly.

1 Like