Cover Songs

Inevitably someone covers a song and does it better than the original, ill start by submitting Johnny Cash covering Neil Young’s Heart of Gold.

Going with good old Johnny Cash again, his cover of Trent Reznor’s Hurt was just so much better that Trent himself said the song was Cash’s.

Another is Nirvana’s cover of the Meat Puppet’s plateau:

Jimi Hendrix’s cover of All Along the Watchtower was better then Bob Dylan’s in my opinion:

Best cover ever. Arguably a better version of one of the greatest bands’ greatest songs. I can’t think of any other cover that can make that claim, except for this one and the one below.

Nancy Wilson’s cover of “I Can’t Make You Love Me” is better than Bonnie Raitt’s

Manfred Mann’s cover of “Blinded By The Light” is better than Springsteen’s

Metal Church’s cover of “Highway Star” is better than Deep Purple’s

Hendrix’s version of “All Along The Watchtower” is better than Bob Dylan’s

M.A.C.C.'s version of “Hey Babe” is better than Hendrix’s

More Maynard:

I love this cover.

The Wait by Metallica.

Their whole original garage days $5.98 EP had good covers. Damn I miss old Metallica. To me, this was their last great album.

The original wait isn’t bad, I prefer Metallica’s by a lot though.

More metallica

I like the Guy Clark version, but Coe has a better voice.

The Minor Threat “Stepping Stone” is 1,000,000 times better than the original Monkees version:

OG:

I’ve always loved Carnivore’s cover of Jimi Hendrix’ Manic Depression:

Not that I don’t like the Hendrix version, I love them both. I think I just liked the Carnivore version better. Maybe it’s because I heard that one first and Peter Steele sounds a lot more depressed.

‘Breadfan’ by the criminally underrated band Budgie.

Metallica

Since we are all on the Metallica train, I will jump on too. Before too long we will have all of Garage, inc. posted here. My two favorites that I consider better than the originals are Dye Dye My Darling (original by the Misfits) and Loverman (original by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds).

Refused ‘New Noise’.

Anthrax

Covering Metallica for a change.