Where you at,Irish? I thought of you when I first read this:

At super heavyweight?

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
At super heavyweight?
[/quote]

lol…so wrong.

Well better option then “Fatton” getting pummeled by Pac Man in a rematch

i’d watch

I don’t know what to make of boxers talking about moving into MMA, what are your thoughts? Enzo Maccarinelli has said he is considering a move into MMA too. Michael Bisping has equated boxers moving into MMA to a football (soccer) player assuming they would be good at rugby as a response to Enzo saying that… Correct me if I’m wrong but I think Enzo said he could knock out Bisping? It just feels wrong to me.

That analogy misses the mark by miles. Boxers have perfected the stand-up, game (minus kicks of course). They’d be very formidable on one condition, that is they spend a great amount of time working the ground game. Can it be done, sure but if you’re a good boxer why give up the opportunity of making huge bucks to dance in one of Dana Whites shows, where Dana and company get the big pay check and the fighter gets the lumps. Now when mma becomes as lucrative as boxing (if that ever happens) I think you’ll see some boxers crossover AFTER they fully understand the ground game and get some quality training and experience in that department.

Couture backs him so…

Seems silly. I think the idea of a guy like Kermit Cintron who is a good boxer and was a wrestler is more intriguing. But why train for several years to get pretty good at a sport paying a fraction of the sport you are good at.

Becuase he can’t compete at the top in boxing anymore, or at least it’s not a good idea.

first let me say randy couture is one of my heros. to the point though i am DYING to see a talented boxer get into mma with a FULL range of skills.

[quote]Deorum wrote:
first let me say randy couture is one of my heros. to the point though i am DYING to see a talented boxer get into mma with a FULL range of skills.[/quote]

And there in lies the catch.

I would watch Ricky Hatton fight anyone at anytime. hahahahah. I’m all about it, as long as he’s not going to get hurt. With his style of brawling, he might be very, very good at UFC style striking. God knows he grapples enough standing up, so I bet he’d catch on quick on the ground.

Hi ho Ricky Hatton!