Couple of sound meal choices?

I came up with some stuff last night that tastes like shit but it seems healthy enough.

#1 5 oz of flounder, 1/4 cup brown rice, 1 tbsp golden flax seeds, 1 tbsp wheat germ.

#2 4-5 oz of chicken breast, 1/4 cup brown rice, 1 tbsp golden flax seeds, 1 tbsp wheat germ.

The flax is for omega 3’s, the wheat germ I believe has omega 6’s?

I would probably throw a small handful of broccoli in a couple of them a day.

I’m currently trying to drop bodyfat and maintain as much muscle as possible. I’ll “bulk” when I get my BF % down a bit.

Doesn’t have to taste like shit. Blacken the flounder & chicken; throw in a pinch of saffron with the rice; that’s just the first couple things that pop in my head, there’s many many more. Check out Rumbach’s “Chef” post.

Are you trying to follow any specific guidelines for macro breakdown? I would suggest John Berardi’s “Don’t Diet” guidelines as a start for losing bf. I’m sure others will chime in as well.

Hi, deezlodawg.

The biggest problem I see is that most of us here follow John Berardi’s P+F and P+C food combining, keeping fat to a minimum (<5g) on a P+C meal and keeping carbs to a minimum (<10g) on a P+F meal. Combining all three results in more fat being deposited subcutaneously, something all of us try to avoid, whether we’re cutting or bulking.

Try doing a search on Berardi and reading everything that guy’s ever written. The man’s a nutritional genius and walks on water in his spare time. (grin)

Any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask. You might want to do a search on the word recipes also.