Countrygirl 2018 Log

Been bat shit crazy busy. I lifted heavy and explosive this morning and I swear I feel my thighs, core and glutes are screaming while I’m making my husbands food for the day. He has a game right after work. So, I’m making his lunch, dinner snacks, getting his supps together. Just fed dogs. I got up at 3:30 cuz had to lift at 5. I’ve had first and second breakfast. Ahhhh, the insanity! I’m too old to be doing a schedule like this.

2 Likes

@girlgotguns YOUR FREAKIN AMAZING :flushed: the motivation you have is hardcore! I get up early for work but wishing I could have slept just a little longer this morning.

1 Like

@kleinhound can you seriously eat kangaroo?!? That would be crazy… or am I missing a joke :roll_eyes: sometimes things go way over my head. I might have to google this…

1 Like

I think insane is more like it. He gets leftover cinnamon rolls from yesterday for breakfast.

1 Like

Honestly, I’m having a problem reconciling my carnivorous nature and my budget with respect to organic and grass fed. I doubt I could survive vegetarianism.

3 Likes

Meat, yummmm.

I used to get a prime rib roast for Christmas and I would cut slivers of the fat off and warm them in a cast iron pan and eat them when no one was watching.

1 Like

I’m partial to lodge skillets. I really need a bigger kitchen. Cuz I love nonstick and cast iron but can’t whisk in them or mash potatoes etc. so, I have stainless, too.

1 Like

Kangaroo is edible, you can get it in pretty much any country. Haven’t tasted myself but I’ve heard it’s kinda like chicken. It’s a very lean meat as well.

1 Like

They lied :joy: it’s nothing at all like chicken in any way, shape or form.

@countrygirl2016 yes, you can eat kangaroo. 3-6 have a ton of them, so might as well eat them.

The meat is very gamey, not unlike venison. You need to marinate it for a fair while to tenderise it. If it’s unmarinated it smells like roadkill when you cook it, but tastes pretty good.

5 Likes

I like roo, but yeah, nothing like chicken!

Completely agree with Mark that it needs to be tenderised in some way before eating. I had straight roo steaks on a hot plate once and it was like chewing leather :joy:

I much prefer some crocodile myself. Mmm croc pie!

2 Likes

That’s on my to try list

There is a pie shop along the pacific hwy north of Kempsey that has 150+ pies on the menu. They have croc and emu and duck and roo and other wild flavours. So good! It’s called Fredos Famous Pies and I highly recommend stopping in one day.

3 Likes

Damn, can’t know it all after all

1 Like

I like meat… Period. A lot.

2 Likes

Very gamey meat for sure. Delicious imo but you’ve got to cook it right

2 Likes

I had some, lean and a bit gamy

1 Like

There is 2 easy to produce meat: chicken and rabbit. Easy to keep and easy to turn into meat. No hunting skill needed.

1 Like

mmm Roast Kangaroo …

2 Likes

@The_Myth your funny …closet meat eater :joy: