Countrygirl 2018 Log

@donnerschweer I’ve never tried beaver or bear but always wanted to try bear. I’ve had alligator, frog, squirrel, turtle, turkey, and deer… that’s all the wild I tried so far :slightly_smiling_face: There are many other people who told me bear wasn’t so great though. I am open to trying!!

@girlgotguns yes please!!!

Wow, those are some amazing photos! Yes, we have a bunch of turkeys coming around the farm right now. I’m with you on the taste of wild turkey, not the best.

1 Like

pw potatoes recipe cut in half

While potatoes cooking

4 Tbl butter in large sauté pan, with a small diced yellow onion, 1/4 to 1/2 a bulb of garlic,1 cup of peas edit.frozen peas, one cup of chopped carrots. Sauté for about 6 min.

Add 2 lbs of ground sirloin season with favorite seasoning of choice I like Adams reserve steak au poivre and a little Worcestershire sauce. Cook until no longer pink. Add more Worcestershire sauce if getting dry. Or…as you see fit…can always add after cooked and eating. Simmer for 10 minutesish

Preheat oven to 400f

Mash potatoes

Layer the meat veg in a 13x9 dish, put potoes on top

Cook until brown and bubblingaround 30 min…if looks like potatoes need cooked to be browner you can broil it for a few

Boom there ya go

3 Likes

@girlgotguns I’m excited! Sounds fantastic!

1 Like

What I’m making right now

7 Likes

Was gonna make salmon but my asparagus looked a little off and felt like chopping away to my workout a little less pathetic haha

1 Like

@girlgotguns you should be a chef!! I would love to hire my own personal chef :smiley: I love food so much it would be worth the money.

1 Like

Aww, my baking is where I really excel. My husband and I have talked about opening a small mom and pop place. They had a dessert pot luck and the main meal was catered. I made my dome shaped chocolate chip muffins and the head chef ate four. He said they were the best muffins he’s ever had :blush:. Unfortunately I’m making so much sourdough recently that I’ve had to leave her out and feed her half a cup of flour twice a day. It’s like having a child haha. Sometimes it’s temperamental and just to make sure it comes out great, I add some sour salt.

2 Likes

Fuck me, I cant go on this log while Im at work. Just makes me hungry. Good ideas for when Im home tho.

@countrygirl2016 When I was in Alaska I had so much reindeer meat, it was fantastic. Reindeer Burgers are out of this world.

1 Like

Awesome pics there :slight_smile:

Make a stew out of the meat, long time cooking makes the kind of dry meat not so dry.

2 Likes

You can add beef broth or Worcestershire to keep it moist

1 Like

@girlgotguns I can’t bake at all :weary: I guess that’s a good thing but every lady needs to know how to bake lol!! I’ll take all the help from you I can get. I wish you were my neighbor!

1 Like

@theonecamko HA :joy: for some reason driving you crazy is enjoyable! We need to keep this food conversation going…

2 Likes

@mortdk GREAT IDEA! I will find a good recipe and maybe see what I can come up with. Are you a good cook or do you like to?

Well I am headed back to work this week and will see how it goes :nerd_face: I was wide awake an extra two hours early but I think it’s because I worried about all the work waiting for me :flushed: All the calls and email and visitors… oh my!! Anyways I am drinking extra extra coffee and thankfully made a breakfast casserole for the week. Eating from home is a lot better than taking it to work.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!

2 Likes

I like to cook, but in all honesty the respekt goes to the wife, she’s brilliant :slight_smile:
Have some sort of redcurrant jelly it goes very well whith deer or other wild stuff.

I didn’t know how to cook or bake either. I had nobody to teach me. I am self taught. Seriously, I learned how to bake from king Arthur Flour blogs or if ever have questions, they have a chat. I was in hospital for two months and got limited tv channels so bam, I was brainwashed. Plus, I’m not able to work full times so I have to be productive or I’d go crazy. Never feel sorry for yourself, because you never know why you are capable of. F you ever have any questions, I can try and help :hugs:.

First lesson if you need a banana to ripen faster Put with onion in brown bag…if need for banana bread and yellow…put on baking sheet with parchment paper on at 200 f flip every 2-3 min til pretty brown. If have problem ripening too fast, break into individual bananas and put plastic wrap around the stems and spread out…that’ll make em last much longer :crazy_face:

Now pretty lady i hope I have feel like I’m helping give back for all you gals/guys do🙇‍♀️

1 Like

Hope you have a good day. Had a very busy weekend :hugs:

1 Like

I like sweet potatoes, carrots and baked beans with mine . But I use a Cabernet sauce usually with venison or a spicy bbq

1 Like