'Country' Trend

I go to high school in a town in upstate New York. Five years ago everyone thought it was cool to be a wigger, now everyone around here dresses and acts like a complete redneck. Im talking one in every five kids wears dirty Timberland or Carolina work boots, jeans with grease stains, sleeveless plaid shirts, and camo hats with fish hooks attached to them. Now everyone chews tobacco in the school bathrooms, gets in fights on Facebook about whose truck is better, and posts stuff on facebook like “gotta get ma hands on sum moonshine tanite.”

All of that stuff is just annoying because I know that the majority of those kids grew up in wealthy suburban neighborhoods and wore Abercrombie of few years ago, they’re just doing it to fit in. What is more disturbing, however, is that they also have confederate flags on their belt buckles, hats and in the back of their trucks. Many of them have suddenly turned adamantly racist.

Have any other parts of the country experienced this? Or has it just plagued my high school?

Hugs not drugs.

Seriously though I think you are stuck in the twilight zone.

Kids and even some stupid adults here in Taiwan wear horn-rimmed glasses with NO LENSES INT HEM! What the fuck?!

[quote]Nards wrote:
Kids and even some stupid adults here in Taiwan wear horn-rimmed glasses with NO LENSES INT HEM! What the fuck?![/quote]

I’ve seen alot of the NBA guys wearing them too.

[quote]Brian14 wrote:
I go to high school in a town in upstate New York. Five years ago everyone thought it was cool to be a wigger, now everyone around here dresses and acts like a complete redneck. Im talking one in every five kids wears dirty Timberland or Carolina work boots, jeans with grease stains, sleeveless plaid shirts, and camo hats with fish hooks attached to them. Now everyone chews tobacco in the school bathrooms, gets in fights on Facebook about whose truck is better, and posts stuff on facebook like “gotta get ma hands on sum moonshine tanite.”

All of that stuff is just annoying because I know that the majority of those kids grew up in wealthy suburban neighborhoods and wore Abercrombie of few years ago, they’re just doing it to fit in. What is more disturbing, however, is that they also have confederate flags on their belt buckles, hats and in the back of their trucks. Many of them have suddenly turned adamantly racist.

Have any other parts of the country experienced this? Or has it just plagued my high school?[/quote]

Until you wrote about the confederate flags I was thinking maybe they had just come down from Maine

Welcome to my Hell, brother.

Who cares?

Do your thing.

Trends come and go. Kids want to conform. Hell, most adults do as well.
People seem to like having examples on how to live, dress, think.
Conformity is king!
Follow the lemmings or just be yourself.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Trends come and go. Kids want to conform. Hell, most adults do as well.
People seem to like having examples on how to live, dress, think.
Conformity is king!
Follow the lemmings or just be yourself.

[/quote]

Conformists

Blah

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
Welcome to my Hell, brother.[/quote]

X2

This decade’s version of the “Nirvana to Wu-Tang Clan” problem.

Sounds like pretty standard stuff for adults where I live.

Maybe they be gettin some good ol fashion catfish. Don’t hate.

[quote]Samir wrote:
This decade’s version of the “Nirvana to Wu-Tang Clan” problem.

[/quote]

Bwhahahaha! Just before Nirvana to Wu-tang there was Slayer to Public Enemy. It’s an ugly cycle.

Be grateful you missed the emo and hipster fads, although fake rednecks are only slightly less annoying.

I often hear people tell stories of magical places that only have one or two country music stations on the radio.

I often hear people tell stories of magical places that only have one or two country music stations on the radio.[/quote]

That would be the magical place called Los Angeles:)

Although we are plagued here with many stations playing Mariachi, Banda and Bolero so I am not sure who actually has it better…

I don’t HATE country music, or genuinely country people. I hate the fact if you live in the ‘South’, ppl feel an obligation to validate ignorance or obnoxious behavior because ‘That’s how we was raised! Yeehaw!’.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

I often hear people tell stories of magical places that only have one or two country music stations on the radio.[/quote]

That would be the magical place called Los Angeles:)

Although we are plagued here with many stations playing Mariachi, Banda and Bolero so I am not sure who actually has it better…[/quote]

Haha, or just about any major metropolitan area, I would think. I’m not sure which is worse, but I assume you don’t have to hear awful accents in every song.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
I don’t HATE country music, or genuinely country people. I hate the fact if you live in the ‘South’, ppl feel an obligation to validate ignorance or obnoxious behavior because ‘That’s how we was raised! Yeehaw!’. [/quote]

I legitimately hate country music, but I don’t hate country people either. But yea, the ignorance gets old. And if I hear one more motherfucker defend the Confederate flag I’m going to snap.