T Nation

Countering Muslim Stereotypes

[quote]lixy wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Man, Muslims are, like, evil man. I know! They blew up the WTC, man. They’re ALL evil man. Damn AY-rabs are behind terror, man. Damn PC police won’t let me say this in the real world, so thank Jesus for the internet where I can speak THE TRUTH, man!

Get off my lawn![/quote]

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Gran Torino.

What a movie.

this shit’s like something you’d see in the onion.

[quote]orion wrote:
lixy wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Man, Muslims are, like, evil man. I know! They blew up the WTC, man. They’re ALL evil man. Damn AY-rabs are behind terror, man. Damn PC police won’t let me say this in the real world, so thank Jesus for the internet where I can speak THE TRUTH, man!

Get off my lawn!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Gran Torino.

What a movie.[/quote]

nice gun. a little heavy for home protection but plenty of power. I might bring mine deer hunting next year for shits and giggles.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
orion wrote:
lixy wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Man, Muslims are, like, evil man. I know! They blew up the WTC, man. They’re ALL evil man. Damn AY-rabs are behind terror, man. Damn PC police won’t let me say this in the real world, so thank Jesus for the internet where I can speak THE TRUTH, man!

Get off my lawn!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Gran Torino.

What a movie.

nice gun. a little heavy for home protection but plenty of power. I might bring mine deer hunting next year for shits and giggles.[/quote]

It is the gun he killed “gooks with, in Korea. He used to stack them 5 feet high, instead of sandbags.”

Or so he tells the Asian young gentleman who just desecrated his lawn.

[quote]orion wrote:
dhickey wrote:
orion wrote:
lixy wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Man, Muslims are, like, evil man. I know! They blew up the WTC, man. They’re ALL evil man. Damn AY-rabs are behind terror, man. Damn PC police won’t let me say this in the real world, so thank Jesus for the internet where I can speak THE TRUTH, man!

Get off my lawn!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Gran Torino.

What a movie.

nice gun. a little heavy for home protection but plenty of power. I might bring mine deer hunting next year for shits and giggles.

It is the gun he killed “gooks with, in Korea. He used to stack them 5 feet high, instead of sandbags.”

Or so he tells the Asian young gentleman who just desecrated his lawn.
[/quote]

That movie was so awesome.

“What are you spooks doing?”

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
this shit’s like something you’d see in the onion.[/quote]

x2

[quote]Makavali wrote:
orion wrote:
dhickey wrote:
orion wrote:
lixy wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Man, Muslims are, like, evil man. I know! They blew up the WTC, man. They’re ALL evil man. Damn AY-rabs are behind terror, man. Damn PC police won’t let me say this in the real world, so thank Jesus for the internet where I can speak THE TRUTH, man!

Get off my lawn!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Gran Torino.

What a movie.

nice gun. a little heavy for home protection but plenty of power. I might bring mine deer hunting next year for shits and giggles.

It is the gun he killed “gooks with, in Korea. He used to stack them 5 feet high, instead of sandbags.”

Or so he tells the Asian young gentleman who just desecrated his lawn.

That movie was so awesome.

“What are you spooks doing?”[/quote]

That was a great movie.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Ahhhhh… Little Lixy-dixy is getting upset, and resorting to name-calling.

My good!

But I guess I can’t take all the credit; [/quote]

Actually, you can.

Your posts on the Islam-related threads offer pretty much zero value. Most of them one-liners or loaded questions.

I really don’t know if it’s intellectual laziness, or just plain stupidity.

Not really. People will believe what they want to believe. Nothing I can do about it.

But if you seriously think this crime is a reflection on Islam, you’re as clueless as the idiots who were spewing anti-Christian hate when this happened not a few months back.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/31/preacher.freezer/

Do you seriously believe beheading your wife is a pillar of the religion?

[quote]it just needs a serious housecleaning.

Grab your broom and get started![/quote]

What “needs a serious housecleaning”, is not the religion. In this particular case, it’s the brain of this blood-thirsty maniac.

Says the Muslim living in the West after leaving his backward Muslim nation.

No one is debating whether or not the guy’s brain needs a serious housecleaning. You’re pretending that we disagree with you on that. We don’t. We’re debating what it needs cleansing of. In this case, it is Islam, as Phyllis Chesler has so ably shown.

There’s a reason secular Arab women living in the West prefer white men. Something tells me the way Arab men treat their women has something to do with it. Arab/Muslim men aren’t exactly a bunch of Sir Walter Raleighs.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Ahhhhh… Little Lixy-dixy is getting upset, and resorting to name-calling.

My good!

But I guess I can’t take all the credit;

Actually, you can.

Your posts on the Islam-related threads offer pretty much zero value. Most of them one-liners or loaded questions.

I really don’t know if it’s intellectual laziness, or just plain stupidity.

the recent posts here that overwhelmingly show that Islam is rife with serious problems must really have him frustrated…

Not really. People will believe what they want to believe. Nothing I can do about it.

But if you seriously think this crime is a reflection on Islam, you’re as clueless as the idiots who were spewing anti-Christian hate when this happened not a few months back.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/31/preacher.freezer/

Take heart there Lix, Islam isn’t ALL bad;

Do you seriously believe beheading your wife is a pillar of the religion?

it just needs a serious housecleaning.

Grab your broom and get started!

What “needs a serious housecleaning”, is not the religion. In this particular case, it’s the brain of this blood-thirsty maniac.[/quote]

Hey the preacher was repentant and accepted Christ as his saviour he is going to heaven.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:

Hey the preacher was repentant and accepted Christ as his saviour he is going to heaven.[/quote]

If he truly was repentant (and not just for this act), then sure.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

Hey the preacher was repentant and accepted Christ as his saviour he is going to heaven.

If he truly was repentant (and not just for this act), then sure. [/quote]

Glad I’m going to hell then.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

Hey the preacher was repentant and accepted Christ as his saviour he is going to heaven.

If he truly was repentant (and not just for this act), then sure.

Glad I’m going to hell then.[/quote]

I imagine you believe you’ll cease to exist, same as the murderer. You guys do end up sharing the same ‘final destination,’ in that case.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Ahhhhh… Little Lixy-dixy is getting upset, and resorting to name-calling.

My good!

But I guess I can’t take all the credit;

Actually, you can.

Your posts on the Islam-related threads offer pretty much zero value. Most of them one-liners or loaded questions.

I really don’t know if it’s intellectual laziness, or just plain stupidity.

the recent posts here that overwhelmingly show that Islam is rife with serious problems must really have him frustrated…

Not really. People will believe what they want to believe. Nothing I can do about it.

But if you seriously think this crime is a reflection on Islam, you’re as clueless as the idiots who were spewing anti-Christian hate when this happened not a few months back.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/31/preacher.freezer/

Take heart there Lix, Islam isn’t ALL bad;

Do you seriously believe beheading your wife is a pillar of the religion?

it just needs a serious housecleaning.

Grab your broom and get started!

What “needs a serious housecleaning”, is not the religion. In this particular case, it’s the brain of this blood-thirsty maniac.

Hey the preacher was repentant and accepted Christ as his saviour he is going to heaven.[/quote]

Jesus actually addresses this brand of oft-repeated self righteous snark that we so frequently hear from you:

[quote] Luke 18: 9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself:

‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men?robbers, evildoers, adulterers?or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."[/quote]

The Christian ethic doesn’t separate sinful thoughts from sinful actions. If you’ve hated your neighbor in your heart, you’re a murderer. If you’ve looked at a woman lustfully whose not your wife, you’re an adulterer.

Maybe you really are “like other men” then, huh? Maybe we all are. That’s pretty much the point. Anyways, all of those who were “confident in their own righteousness” are now burning in hell, with the full realization that they weren’t ever righteous at all, just slightly more righteous than other men in some respects but worse in others.

God doesn’t care that you were “not like other men.” To compare yourself to other men is to compare crap to crap. Crap compared to crap is still crap. God cares that you’ve kept the moral law perfectly. And only Jesus did. Jesus was “not like other men.”

[quote]Chushin wrote:
lixy wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Ahhhhh… Little Lixy-dixy is getting upset, and resorting to name-calling.

My good!

But I guess I can’t take all the credit;

Actually, you can.

Then it’s been a good day.

Your posts on the Islam-related threads offer pretty much zero value. Most of them one-liners or loaded questions.

I really don’t know if it’s intellectual laziness, or just plain stupidity.

Yeah, but, ummm…who gives a shit what you think?

the recent posts here that overwhelmingly show that Islam is rife with serious problems must really have him frustrated…

Not really. People will believe what they want to believe. Nothing I can do about it.

Strange, though, how you had volumes to say until someone who actually knew the details of Islam showed up. Then, all of a sudden it was a very mature, “I refuse to talk to him!”

C’mon Lix, debate PRCal and show us all the error of his assertions!

But if you seriously think this crime is a reflection on Islam, you’re as clueless as the idiots who were spewing anti-Christian hate when this happened not a few months back.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/31/preacher.freezer/

Funny how it didn’t say anything about him doing it IN THE NAME OF CHRIST or CHRISTIANITY, huh? And, could you please supply a few more examples. Should be easy, since it happens SO often.

Take heart there Lix, Islam isn’t ALL bad;

Do you seriously believe beheading your wife is a pillar of the religion?

Of course not. Neither is stoning, suicide bombing, threatening (or actually killing) those who “disrespect” Allah, dictating how women can and cannot dress, who women can spend time with, or murdering apostates.

They’re not “pillars.” Just gruesome, barbaric practices that are a sanctioned part of mainstream Islam as practiced by millions.
[/quote]

This has to be one of the most retarded posts I’ve read in a long time. If you think Islam is the religion of the devil, that’s fine, but hiding under PRCalDude’s skirt is just immasculating.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Otep wrote:
This has to be one of the most retarded posts I’ve read in a long time. If you think Islam is the religion of the devil, that’s fine, but hiding under PRCalDude’s skirt is just immasculating.[/quote]

I fail to see how he’s “hiding under my skirt.” The way it works with lixy is that he shows up on these threads to express outrage that we’ve associated pathological Muslim behaviors with Islamic doctrine.

One of us who’s spent time studying Islamic doctrine, (often me,) shows where in the Islamic source texts (the Qur’an and Hadith) said pathological behavior is actually mandated. Lixy disappears to attempt to express outrage on another thread in the hopes that no one notices his frequent dodges/obfuscations.

Usually, the libs express the same outrage that lixy expresses: that we’ve associated pathological Muslim behavior with Islam. There is usually little fretting over the Muslim misdeed itself, which is pretty distressing. But that’s how our society is nowadays.