Count The Weight of the Bar?

…when i do pullups?

Yes, but divide by pi and multiply the square root of your weight.

Classic

[quote]russianmuscle wrote:
…when i do pullups?[/quote]

lol

LMAOF!!!

Hmm… I tried to weigh my bar, but I couldn’t pull it down to the scale…

[quote]nvrsatysfyd wrote:
Hmm… I tried to weigh my bar, but I couldn’t pull it down to the scale…[/quote]

Dumbass. That’s why you weigh the building.

Can’t pick my house up yet but I’m working on it. ; )

Can’t pick my house up yet but I’m working on it. ; )[/quote]

pff, amatures

and yes, you have to count the weight of the bar you do pullups on… Don’t worry about these guys.

But I thought the consensus was that the bar COUNTERBALANCES the weight, and in this case the weight is your own bodyweight. So as you Pull yourself up, you also pull the bar down. You should actually subtract that weight.

[quote]saroachman wrote:
But I thought the consensus was that the bar COUNTERBALANCES the weight, and in this case the weight is your own bodyweight. So as you Pull yourself up, you also pull the bar down. You should actually subtract that weight.[/quote]

Einstein said every action has an equal and opposite reaction so therefore when doing a pull up you only count 50% of your body weight because the bar does half of the work.

[quote]saroachman wrote:
But I thought the consensus was that the bar COUNTERBALANCES the weight, and in this case the weight is your own bodyweight. So as you Pull yourself up, you also pull the bar down. You should actually subtract that weight.[/quote]

WTF?

What weighs more:
a pound of bricks
a pound of feathers
or 4 plates, a quarter, a nickel, and a donut?

[quote]evansmi wrote:
What weighs more:
a pound of bricks
a pound of feathers
or 4 plates, a quarter, a nickel, and a donut?[/quote]

Why was it that chicken had to cross the road?

[quote]ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:
evansmi wrote:
What weighs more:
a pound of bricks
a pound of feathers
or 4 plates, a quarter, a nickel, and a donut?

Why was it that chicken had to cross the road?
[/quote]

To show the armadillo it could be done.

saroachman wrote:
But I thought the consensus was that the bar COUNTERBALANCES the weight, and in this case the weight is your own bodyweight. So as you Pull yourself up, you also pull the bar down. You should actually subtract that weight.

Einstein said every action has an equal and opposite reaction so therefore when doing a pull up you only count 50% of your body weight because the bar does half of the work.[/quote]

Uhh… Was that who it was? Here all this time I’d been thinking that was Newton’s third law of motion! (Newton's laws of motion - Wikipedia)

There’s no net work done in the gym as per the physics deifition. That is, unless you’re not properly racking your weights at the end of your routine… Naughty boy.

[quote]nargoth16 wrote:
There’s no net work done in the gym as per the physics deifition. That is, unless you’re not properly racking your weights at the end of your routine… Naughty boy.[/quote]

THAT is the secret that all the pro’s know about, and the reason the rest of us can never get results.

Don’t put your equipment away!

That also means all the reps and sets are just a waste. Pick something up, move it, then move on to another piece of equipment.

[quote]nargoth16 wrote:
nvrsatysfyd wrote:
saroachman wrote:

Einstein said every action has an equal and opposite reaction so therefore when doing a pull up you only count 50% of your body weight because the bar does half of the work.

Uhh… Was that who it was? Here all this time I’d been thinking that was Newton’s third law of motion! (Newton's laws of motion - Wikipedia)

There’s no net work done in the gym as per the physics deifition. That is, unless you’re not properly racking your weights at the end of your routine… Naughty boy.[/quote]

Are you telling me that Einstein never once in his life stated Newton’s third law of motion? I find that unlikely. :wink:
However, I stand corrected. I thought I might be wrong about that but I didn’t figure anyone would pick up on it. That makes me wrong twice.

Count it. I count the weight of the bench when bench pressing.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
nvrsatysfyd wrote:
Hmm… I tried to weigh my bar, but I couldn’t pull it down to the scale…

Dumbass. That’s why you weigh the building.[/quote]

How the hell is he supposed to weigh the building? Just tape the scale to your feet while doing the pull-ups. Get with the program. I think the non-functionality of that muscle has made your brain follow suit.