Coulter.....That's My Girl

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
100meters wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Coulter cracks me up sometimes.

I think the Democrats hate her because she is just as bitter as they are.

I think it’s her lying, slander, and misinformation that people with sense/brains dislike.

You are correct. She does use the Democrats tactics![/quote]

Zap,
Great contribution. These are bi-partisan tactics - Rove, Malkin, Rush, O’Reilly, Novak, etc. Do you ever get tired of posting inane comments like:
“You are correct. She does use the Democrats tactics!”

100meters wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Coulter cracks me up sometimes.

I think the Democrats hate her because she is just as bitter as they are.

I think it’s her lying, slander, and misinformation that people with sense/brains dislike.

You are correct. She does use the Democrats tactics![/quote]

Uh, if she uses these tactics, and she is not a democrat, how do you figure they are “Democrat tactics”? That was the most illogical bullshit I have read since that “Denial” thread.

[quote]Playboy wrote:
She is a huge idiot. There is a reason USA Today axed her democrat convention article. She is so full of hate[/quote]

“so full of hate”???..sounds alot like democratic bimbo “Randy Rhodes” from Air America.

Get a correct balanced viewpoint before you say something stupid!..DORK… (I wouldn’t be suprised if you use the Smith machine for everthing and do you barbell curls in the squat rack)

[quote]PtrDR wrote:
Playboy wrote:
She is a huge idiot. There is a reason USA Today axed her democrat convention article. She is so full of hate

“so full of hate”???..sounds alot like democratic bimbo “Randy Rhodes” from Air America.

Get a correct balanced viewpoint before you say something stupid!..DORK… (I wouldn’t be suprised if you use the Smith machine for everthing and do you barbell curls in the squat rack)[/quote]

He did not state that this was exclusively a republican quality. There is plenty of hate from pundits on both side, as I and other posters have acknowledged on this thread. Zap’s braindead contribution was the only one that ascribed it to a particular party. Randi Rhodes is an angry person…what is your point?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Uh, if she uses these tactics, and she is not a democrat, how do you figure they are “Democrat tactics”? That was the most illogical bullshit I have read since that “Denial” thread.[/quote]

Uh, if the DNC decided to use Karl Rove’s tactics - which a lot of Democratic planners have suggested - they would still be Democrats using Rove’s tactics, and they would not convert to being Republicans.

I think there should be a moratorium on you using the word ‘logic’ for a month or two.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Uh, if she uses these tactics, and she is not a democrat, how do you figure they are “Democrat tactics”? That was the most illogical bullshit I have read since that “Denial” thread.

Uh, if the DNC decided to use Karl Rove’s tactics - which a lot of Democratic planners have suggested - they would still be Democrats using Rove’s tactics, and they would not convert to being Republicans.

I think there should be a moratorium on you using the word ‘logic’ for a month or two.

[/quote]

WTF? All polticians lie, cheat and steal. Why is it that those who claim to be conservatives don’t seem to grasp the concept? Coulter uses the same tactics…THAT EVERY MEDIA HOUND USES WHEN THEY HAVE NO REAL SUBSTANCE IN POLITICS. She is here to sell books. The fact that you linked her actions with “democrat tactics” only shows how blind you are to what goes on around you depending on who says it. Your post is what is illogical. You actually think that people aren’t corrupt if they are “conservatives”…or if they are, they are simply using “democrat tactics”.

Your post was stupid. Congrats.

WTF? All polticians lie, cheat and steal. Why is it that those who claim to be conservatives don’t seem to grasp the concept? Coulter uses the same tactics…THAT EVERY MEDIA HOUND USES WHEN THEY HAVE NO REAL SUBSTANCE IN POLITICS. She is here to sell books. The fact that you linked her actions with “democrat tactics” only shows how blind you are to what goes on around you depending on who says it.[/quote]

I didn’t, Zap did - and I suspect he was just taking a dig at the blind partisan that suggested the tactics.

Silly. How in the world did you derive that position - that I think no conservatives can ever be corrupt - out of my statements? You do this constantly - please tell you read medical charts with a better sense of understanding and detail.

I never that or implied it, and I can give you an instant list of conservatives I think are corrupt. You have this habit of making up what you want people to think.

Again, no - never said it or implied it. You said:

Seems to me that Zap was saying that Coulter was using the Democrats’ playbook to sting Democrats, mostly as a zinger to the statements of one of the most blind partisans we have on this board. You may disagree and think these tactics are universal among the parties or whoever, but ‘illogical’ is wrong word to describe what he said. You can borrow someone’s tactics, Professor X.

Careful, Professor X - you don’t have the same bite in these political threads as you think you have when talking to some weightlifting newbie who is asking basic questions before doing a search. Be advised.

While the Republicans play dirty politics they normally don’t use the same level of hate filled bile in editorials and other public statements that the Democrats do.

The Republicans generally try to keep their dirty work behind the scenes.

The fact I was immediately insulted by many of the left shows that this tactic is much more part of the lefts arsenal.

I didn’t, Zap did - and I suspect he was just taking a dig at the blind partisan that suggested the tactics.[/quote]

That didn’t stop you from playing backup and posting a response for him. I am sure he can take care of himself, but thanks anyway, Big Brother.

[quote]
Silly. How in the world did you derive that position - that I think no conservatives can ever be corrupt - out of my statements? You do this constantly - please tell you read medical charts with a better sense of understanding and detail.[/quote]

Ridiculous. You jumped in to claim that my post was illogical for pointing out that she is doing no different than anyone else and is acting of her own accord (not using Democrat tactics but her own). The only LOGICAL reasoning is that you jumped in because you DO feel she was simply using “democrat tactics”. That alone implies that acting the way she did is not a trait expressed by conservatives but had to be adopted by democrats. I am laughing at you as you try to cover this.

[quote]
I never that or implied it, and I can give you an instant list of conservatives I think are corrupt. You have this habit of making up what you want people to think. [/quote]

False. Read above.

[quote]
Again, no - never said it or implied it. You said:

Seems to me that Zap was saying that Coulter was using the Democrats’ playbook to sting Democrats, mostly as a zinger to the statements of one of the most blind partisans we have on this board. You may disagree and think these tactics are universal among the parties or whoever, but ‘illogical’ is wrong word to describe what he said. You can borrow someone’s tactics, Professor X.[/quote]

No, it isn’t illogical. How could it be only one party’s characteristic to be a prick?

[quote]
Your post was stupid. Congrats.

Careful, Professor X - you don’t have the same bite in these political threads as you think you have when talking to some weightlifting newbie who is asking basic questions before doing a search. Be advised.[/quote]

Did you actually just give me a warning? Could I ask what the penalty will be should I choose not “be careful”? Dear Lord, fear runs through me faster than a conservative can apply faulty intel for major war considerations.

[/quote]

Well, they sure do deserve applause for this, huh? I personally like to see my enemy more clearly instead of worry more about what they do “behind the scenes”. Thanks for the installation of faith.

Zap,
I think that both sides use hate-filled bile in much the same way - have you ever listened to conservative radio? Michael Savage anyone? As far as you being “attacked” by liberals being evidence of liberals being more hate-filled, consider PtrDr’s searing, unprovoked attack on a liberal poster:
“Get a correct balanced viewpoint before you say something stupid!..DORK… (I wouldn’t be suprised if you use the Smith machine for everthing and do you barbell curls in the squat rack)”. Criticize a man’s politics if you will, but leave the Smith machine out of it.

I think that liberals do sometimes spend so much time hating Bush, that they only see one side of an issue, but that republicans did the same thing to Clinton.
I generally avoid criticizing other posters, preferring to debate them, or offer agreement or supplementary information. Your response about Democratic tactics was both witless and unoriginal - how many times have we had to read similar posts, which take away from the real debate? What you did is actually illustrative of what Ann Coulter and her kind do, and in that sense, you actually contributed a great example to the thread (unintentionally I am certain). Ann was making some good points, and as someone who loathes her, that is hard for me to admit. But then she reverted to the usual irrelevant, unoriginal, ad hominem attacks (has anyone not heard the decades-old information about Kennedy and Byrd at least a million times…especially her readers?).

We all post for different reasons. For a long time, I read T-Nation only for workout/nutrion information, and posted only in those threads. I only started posting in the political forum this past fall, and this is the only website that I regularly post on. I like this site because of the differing viewpoints. While I often disagree with him, I always read Boston Barrister’s posts because they are informative, well-written, and well-sourced, and he has changed my viewpoints on some issues (wiretapping, etc). In all fairness, BB is a lawyer with probably 10 I.Q. points on the average poster, so he is more the exception than the rule. But even an uneducated poster offers a distinct viewpoint and is interesting in that way. What stops me from reading/posting more often is stupid comments like “You are correct. She does use the Democrats (sic) tactics!”

Zap, in your response to the criticism, you delineated your perception of the different ways in which the two sides play partisan politics - the left loud and angry, the right more stealth. That is actually an interesting and debatable point. Your first post encourages vicious, ruthless, personal assaults like, “DORK… (I wouldn’t be suprised if you use the Smith machine for everthing and do you barbell curls in the squat rack)”. That one still hurts when I read it. Why not skip the unoriginal, unfunny, witless pastisan comment, and actually say what you mean (which, as stated, is a very interesting point).

The effect of the namecalling attacks is that the point of the thread is lost, and people stop reading it. There have been many really good threads that have been ruined by a back-and-forth exchange of insults between members (Vroom and Rainjack I think sometimes are guilty) that is boring at best, disturbingly homoerotic at worst.
To tie this rant in with the original topic, Ann Coulter is a Harvard-educated lawyer, and as such is likely a pretty smart person.

But because so much of what she writes is unoriginal, unsubstantiated, and hate-filled trash, people do not pay attention to the actual good points that she makes. If you have a point, make it. If you have a funny, original, or pertinent one-liner, throw it out there. But refrain from just saying, “sounds like the democrats”, because it makes you sound like an idiot, which judging from some of your other posts, you definitely are not. Sorry for going on for so long, but this has been building for along time.

Careful, Professor X - you don’t have the same bite in these political threads as you think you have when talking to some weightlifting newbie who is asking basic questions before doing a search. Be advised.

Wow. Watch out for the horse’s head in your bed, professor.

Zap Branigan wrote:

Well, they sure do deserve applause for this, huh? I personally like to see my enemy more clearly instead of worry more about what they do “behind the scenes”. Thanks for the installation of faith.[/quote]

I think both Republicans and Democrats often use reprehensible tactics, but they are often different.

Ann Coulter seems to favor the obnoxious hate filled rant so often favored by the Democrats and their supporters. For this I think they hate her even more.

I don’t like dirty politics although it can be amusing. This one was amusing.

Careful, Professor X - you don’t have the same bite in these political threads as you think you have when talking to some weightlifting newbie who is asking basic questions before doing a search. Be advised.[/quote]

Nobody has any real bite in political discussion. They just long extended pissing contests.

dermo, I think it is amusing that you claim you want a higher level of political discourse yet you immediately resort to calling others idiotic.

I made a simple observation that she shares tactics with the Dems and the insults start flying.

Every thread regarding Coulter has resulted in her getting blasted for her mean spirited ways. It is OK to do that but not OK to point out that she mirrors her opposition?

Someone pointed out that she is just like O’Reilly. That is a ludicrous statement. O’Reilly has completely different techniques and often tries to reign Coulter in as she relies too much on hyperbole and insults.

She reminds me far more of Carville, Gore, Dean, Kennedy et al than any prominent Republican operative (Savage excepted.)

I personally think it is very relevant and germane to any discussion about her or her writing.

dermo, I think it is amusing that you claim you want a higher level of political discourse yet you immediately resort to calling others idiotic.

I made a simple observation that she shares tactics with the Dems and the insults start flying.

Every thread regarding Coulter has resulted in her getting blasted for her mean spirited ways. It is OK to do that but not OK to point out that she mirrors her opposition?

Someone pointed out that she is just like O’Reilly. That is a ludicrous statement. O’Reilly has completely different techniques and often tries to reign Coulter in as she relies too much on hyperbole and insults.

She reminds me far more of Carville, Gore, Dean, Kennedy et al than any prominent Republican operative (Savage excepted.)

I personally think it is very relevant and germane to any discussion about her or her writing.

[/quote]

Then explain it right away, as you have above. You know what happens when you throw out incendiary lines like the “democrats” one. And I actually said that you are definitely not an idiot, but that your initial post mis-represented you as such. I would rather read your opinion than read a bunch of insults being hurled across the board. I apologize if I went overboard…I think that comment about bicep curls in the squat rack really sent me over the edge.

That didn’t stop you from playing backup and posting a response for him. I am sure he can take care of himself, but thanks anyway, Big Brother.[/quote]

Zap doesn’t need my help - but I was chiming in with my own opinion.

Actually no, but I should have expected that you would get it wrong. You said Zap was being illogical by suggesting that firebrand Coulter was borrowing from the Democrats’ playbook. There is nothing ‘illogical’ about borrowing someone else’s tactics, if that is what they are doing.

There is no cover - and your predictable arrogance shows you nurse quite a complex. I actually don’t agree with Zap, but I don’t think his conclusion was ‘illogical’, which was what you suggested.

You bandy about the term ‘logic’ all too often, when it is painfully clear you’re winging it. I never suggested I thought conservatives didn’t apply angry smear tactics.

You’ll have to ask Zap exactly what he meant, but I suspect he meant that Democrats are quite public with their ad hominem attacks and Republicans tend to not to be. That might be debatable, but I think that was his point.

No it wasn’t a warning, but your ever-present persecution complex is cute - I was merely saying that it’d be better if you could argue from a position that didn’t include always trying to be an arrogant bully, largely because in these parts, no one is buying it. ‘Be careful’, as in, as in be more careful in your text and try something other than smugness.

If I were you, I wouldn’t want to constantly revisit your limits in foreign policy.

[quote]KJ Bridgewater wrote:
Nobody has any real bite in political discussion. They just long extended pissing contests.
[/quote]

I agree, so let me join in:
I watched Coulter on some panel discussion which included a Canadian who politely disagreed with her views on the Iraq war. She got really mad, and said something to the effect that “You’d better watch out or we (the US) might just roll over you (Canada) and crush you!”

She also thought that Canada participated in the war in Vietnam. She knows nothing of history, understands even less of politics. Is this dangerous, ignorant, lying, hating idiot really worth a thread?

Howard Dean vs Ann Coulter – I’d pay hard currency to be live at that one.

Dems elect someone who employs verbal assault nearly as well as Ann to be the head of their party.

Dermo, very good points. Zap, I already know how you think and I respect you for the most part. Your original comment was lame though. thunderbolt, should I be in fear of my life now or will you simply find new names to call me? Either way, I sit here shivering, waiting for your response in fear. Gawd, you’re funny.