Could You Give Me Tips On My Diet Please?

Most people have other things going on in their lives that occupy them.
Didn’t mean to annoy you only to show Konner what you meant.

1 Like

Yes; it is a question of time management. This is a lacking skill for many. However, one who does not have to cook or clean for themselves will find that they DO have time to read.

Edit: And the quote isn’t what I meant. That is what I am getting at. My intent was for him to get exposed to stoicism and enhance his perspective through education.

For health reasons it’s a bit more complex than calories in > calories out. Some foods carry a lot of calories but little in the way of quality nutrients.

Is it the same for body comp? I’m going to try and get some clean foods. You mean fibre dense nutrient rich foods? No offence but that’s why I bought shreddies 11g of fibre and a shit load of vitamins 93% RDA for all vitamins.

Fair enough this would be a valuable asset for Konner.

What is this stoicism?

Enduring pain and being brave in the face of it.

And yes nutrients are important for cell functions so getting enough would help.

We had a guy on here back in the day that got up to 260 and shredded on cheeseburgers.

He had good genetics though.

1 Like

So vits and minerals are important for health and not body composition? No need to sound ignorant. I do cardio as I explained to get my heart health up.

There was some guy on YouTube and got shredded on Pizza, Beer and Lucky Charms.

For body comp it’s just easy to go too much into calorific surplus eating junk because it’s so laden with calories.

You don’t get to eat as much food when you eat junk than when you eat clean so can end up getting hungry and eating more than your body needs to build lean mass which = more fat. Junk food high in sugars or salty, fatty snacks can also lead to cravings. It also has negative a negative effect on the good bacteria in your stomach which can also lead to cravings for trashy foods. However with all that in mind you can still achieve gaims with only a calories in > calories out approach but that’s when you need to start tracking macros/calories etc. to make sure they’re on point.

Yes. They are very important and a good rule to get enough is eat a variety of colours of fruit and veg each day.
Generally different colour = Different nutrients inside.

I count every single macro so it’s fine. For health reasons my dad does buy bananas and they’re one of the best fruits on the planet.

Tryna track how many calories are in them hot dogs and bread rolls. It says on myfitnesspal its 126 calories per 1 roll (per 50g) But I don’t know if its 50g and for the frankfurters it says on the packet net weight 300g and me, my brother and my dad had 3 each. So I calculated the bread rolls to 350g I don’t know if this too much. And calculated the frankfurters to 150g. I want to be as accurate as possible.

Let’s go back to this. You’re 17, you live at home, your dad works to support you in every way; now, ask yourself if you think it’s stressful for him to try and provide in every way, AND have you whine about food you need.

Stop being a little whiner and take control of your life. Get a job, help out with the groceries, do some chores before asked and be grateful you have all those things.

(Caveat, if it’s an abusive relationship, but given the info. That seems unlikely)

2 Likes

Dude you ask for tips for your diet and I tell you that shreddies are full of crap and you choose to reject that suggestion. Just look at the list of ingredients. High up on the list is Sugar, Invert Sugar Syrup, Molasses, all of which are sugar in various forms. The higher each ingredient is on the list the more of them there is in the product. So don’t try to fool yourself that it’s healthy. Then others like hugh_gilly talk to you about the importance of nutrients and you ignore that and say its all fine because you are eating the odd banana. It’s not really going to help asking for advice if you’re only looking for an answer that will validate what you’re currently doing.

2 Likes

I meant its fine for one meal but I didn’t mention that so i’m sorry. I’m also sorry for being ignorant I didn’t read the ingredients I only read the macros which is stupid for me to do. I’ve got two bananas, two oranges, whey protein and wholewheat bread but I always stay away from bread.

Don’t worry about it dude. Just read the articles about nutrition on t-nation and learn as much as you can.

My dad is literally taking everything off me. I’m not allowed to make my own dinner, not allowed to pick the type of breakfast I have, and also not allowed to pick the lunch I have. And he’s now going to try and take the food scale off me, now I can’t weigh out the breakfast, the night time snack and the lunch. What do I do? This is really going to be concern to me in the future.

Fix your relationship with your dad.

My judgemental intuition tells me you were under eating for your dad to do something this extreme.

So either:

1. Your preoccupation with calorie intake appeared to your dad to be disordered eating. You have to realize this is a fringe hobby and normal people think tracking food intake is mental. You could have a rational discussion with him about your goals and that you aren’t in danger from your eating. You could show him a Harris Benedict equation showing that the calories you’re eating are indeed safe.

2. You were actually taking this to an unhealthy level and your dad was right to intervene.

In either case you need to realize that your dad’s number 1 priority is your survival and well being. You don’t change thousands of diapers, feed and clothe and nurture a kid and then stand by while they hurt themselves. So whether you’re safe or not it’s your dad’s job to worry about you.

you’ve given us no details. You could be a mal nourished 65lb teenage girl on the verge of death from anorexia. So I’m wary to give you calorie advice.

But a bit of common sense. Bodybuilders got shredded to ribbons before myfitness pal, food scales and supplement companies. You can practice portion control and self control and get results.

Edit: I just noticed that your handle is @konner05. If 05 is your birth year that makes you 12 years old max. More likely 11. If that is the case:

Eat wholesome food, all of the food you can get your hands on. Don’t obsess or gorge, just EAT.

Sleep as much as possible.

Lift, do BW exercises, cardio and play a sport.

Your best time to grow is right now. This is literally the worst time in your life to reduce calories too much. Use a measuring tape on your waist for adjustments, ignore the scale and just be a kid.

Also don’t trust you brain for another 10 years. Your prefrontal cortex isn’t done growing yet. Your capability for rational thoughts is impaired.

1 Like