T Nation

Could Use Some Help/Advice

Probably going to catch hell, but I’m not sure what to do. I know this type of question has been asked but I’ve searched and can’t really find the solution or answer to my questions. I’m going to be as detailed as possible here.

Started my first cycle 3 1/2 weeks ago. I’m doing Test-E at 600mg a week. I’m confident it’s good stuff because my close friend just did a cycle of it and loved it. He is also my supplier.

Here is my problem. I’ve come down with a case of test flu and can’t seem to shake it. It started up around week 2 with just body aches. Now, I’ve got body aches, cold sweats, and a fucking awful sore throat. I haven’t had a fever that I’ve noticed, but these body aches and sore throat are killing me.

I’m in the middle of week 4 and it’s still going on. I take ibuprofen to deal with it and it helps a lot. However, when I wake up or when the ibuprofen wears off, I feel like complete shit. I also don’t have the on feeling yet. My good friend said it kicked in for him around week 3. My workouts have been really good and I feel great when I’m in the gym.

Of course, I take ibuprofen as soon as I wake up and hit the gym a couple hours later. I’ve had some strength gains, but no real weight gain.

My questions is basically, what is going on? Any ideas why I’m still feeling sick? When will the on feeling kick in? Should I stop and worry about getting better? I’ve decided to go to the doctor tomorrow and I’m going to tell him what I’m doing. I’m afraid he’s going to say I need to stop immediately. I don’t really want to do that because I don’t have all my PCT in order yet (stupid, I know).

Also, I’ve already paid for the shit so I would kind of like to use it. I know people say this all the time, but this is the only cycle I plan on doing, so I just want to do it and be done.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Ever think it might just be the flu? Go to the doctor and have him look at your throat. Try to get antibiotics. It might not be the test.

If you’re just regular sick and training through it, I don’t know why you would expect to gain any weight or feel good. Take a few days off, go to the doctor, and heal up would be my suggestion.

If the gear is home-brew and you think there’s something in it, you could always buy some sterile vials and syringe filters from a research supply company and re-filter it - would probably cost you less than $30 and might be worth the peace of mind.

Do you get painful knots when you inject?

Just got back from the doctor’s office. My doctor was out so I saw the nurse practitioner. Decided not to say anything about being on steroids. She thinks it’s sinuses and drainage causing all the issues which could very well be as I tend to get bad sinus infections and what not.

Yes, I did at first. The first 3 weeks hurt like hell actually. I could barely bend my legs (injected in my quads). I think the first vial I had may have been a bad batch. So, this week I started a new one and it’s not near as bad. My leg isn’t near as sore and I don’t really feel a knot.

I think I’m going to ride it out the next 2 weeks and see how I feel. More and more I’m feeling like that first vial was bad. If that is the case, should I extend my cycle to make up for it? I had initially planned on running a 12 week cycle, but if that first vial was no good, do you think I should extend to say 15 weeks to make up for it or does it really not matter?

[quote]S2K3V wrote:
Just got back from the doctor’s office. My doctor was out so I saw the nurse practitioner. Decided not to say anything about being on steroids. She thinks it’s sinuses and drainage causing all the issues which could very well be as I tend to get bad sinus infections and what not.

Yes, I did at first. The first 3 weeks hurt like hell actually. I could barely bend my legs (injected in my quads). I think the first vial I had may have been a bad batch. So, this week I started a new one and it’s not near as bad. My leg isn’t near as sore and I don’t really feel a knot.

I think I’m going to ride it out the next 2 weeks and see how I feel. More and more I’m feeling like that first vial was bad. If that is the case, should I extend my cycle to make up for it? I had initially planned on running a 12 week cycle, but if that first vial was no good, do you think I should extend to say 15 weeks to make up for it or does it really not matter?
[/quote]

I don’t think extending your cycle is necessary. I think the usual recommendation for a first cycle is to keep it to 8-10 weeks. 12 is pushing it, 15 is really pushing it. Remember that your going to be suppressed for about 2 weeks after your last shot with long-estered test, so a 12 week cycle is actually 14 weeks of HPTA suppression.

The test in your first vial was probably good in any case (you could verify it with a blood test if you really needed to know), but it most likely had something else in it that you reacted to, either high BA or some sort of contaminant. It’s possible that it contributed to your illness, but it’s also possible that you just got sick, and trying to train through it was counter-productive. Like I said, you could refilter into new sterile vials pretty cheaply, it might be worth it for your peace of mind.

You should take what I say with a grain of salt, though, I’ve only ‘cycled’ once, and I had to cut it short at 4 weeks because my body reacted so badly to the home-brew gear.

I always make sure my gear is human grade in ampules. Far less issues regarding pain and inflammation.

Yep. That’s the route I’m going to have to go. It’s more expensive, though, so it’s impossible to find locally, which means that even though it’s only been 6 days from my last shot, my cycle is effectively over.

Just so I don’t freak out the OP… I didn’t quit because I had flu-like symptoms, although I did have 1-2 days of ‘test flu’ at the beginning of my cycle. I had five separate instances of what the doctor called “idiopathic angioedemas” in two weeks. The knotting and pain at the injection site I can deal with, but when my hands, feet, lips, cheeks, eyelids, and eventually throat started to swell up… that was that.

Just to update, I’m feeling much better. Sore throat is gone and so are the body aches. Not sure whether to attribute it to the allergy medication or the fact that I started on a new vial. Either way, I’m glad to be feeling better. Still don’t have the on feeling and the strength gain has been minor. I’m definitely stronger, but not as much as I was expecting. No weight gain yet either.

I just did my 2nd injection for week 4. I noticed that my right quad has a rather large knot in it. It doesn’t hurt really. It’s just a big ass knot. My left quad doesn’t have this, just the right. Any ideas why that is?