Could Bill O'Reilly Pass Economics 101?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Bill O’Reilly is a fucking douchebag idiot, working on a station that pushes a right wing agenda. He’s far from special in that regard. He’s made a lot of money doing this.

The left has countless people EXACTLY like him in the exact same roles.

It’s just people paid to argue from authority and push the agenda that one side is inherently evil on everything, can’t be trusted, and THEY are the reason the country sucks. The left has them, the right has them. Trying to point out the idiocy in one of them as opposed to the others is futile. Welcome to politics. [/quote]

It is not your post that is the problem, because your post is truthful, it’s the response to criticism that is unequal.

Criticize the Right = you’re a cool, hip, and chic dude.
Criticize the Left = you’re a racist Cretin living in the stone ages. [/quote]

It is un-thinking criticism. Because the opposition can’t debate the facts.
[/quote]

Joe Biden talks about putting people back in chains, Bill Maher calls President Obama “Chocolate Jesus”, and I would get the same pass if I said those same things ?

uh huh.[/quote]

That is not even close to the point of this post. Criticizing the right is mostly there own doing as they are so far off the reservation that it is laughable they espouse the most retarded things. I love their new push to reach out to minorities. They espouse policies that hurt minorities the most but yet they think if they dress up the same message these people will vote for them. They are so stupid it is almost beyond reproach. What benefit or reason would any minority have for voting republican.[/quote]

Ummm because they are fiscal conservatives?

I love the subtle reverse racism in your post…well done, you must have been listening to the “reverends” Jackson and Sharpton to troll like that.
[/quote]

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

The minorities have the most need for government programs [/quote]

Pretty sure there are more white people getting government transfers than minorities…

Not sure what I’m missing here. Why would skin color or cultural background affect how much help you need from the government?

Who is trying to take away legit government transfers? Who, like actual names please, not the magic republican evil fairy you have been talking abotu so far.

What? who said that?[/quote]

As a percentage I believe that minorities get more government assistance.

If I have to educate you about the fiscal cliff and austerity then you really have no business commenting on this forum.

Of course no one directly stated that but their policies applied have that effect. So what is the difference I ask you?

The republican party is a dying one, thank God! Concerned mainly with the rich and corporations. The Dems are just shadows of their rhetoric.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

What? who said that?[/quote]

Zep, the Obama funky butt loving douche.
[/quote]
This goes to show you your level of propaganda brainwashing. If I’m against the republicans then I must be for Obama. Anything outside of this is foreign to you.

As a percentage I believe that minorities get more government assistance. [/quote]

lol, what group has more people in it, 50% of 70% of the population or 60% of 12% of the population?

Pew has Blacks at a higher % of whites in receiving transfers, but I would say the white’s number is higher than on this survey, not by enough to over come the blacks but statistically enough. I would assume most people miss a couple transfer when asked about it.

While I’m sure there is a topic out there you could educate me on, I would prefer you spoke about things relative to my questions.

In what way does the above have anything to do with what we are talking about? Please, for once, be specific.

I’ve asked twice now for you to tell me what policies you are refering to, specificly. If you can’t tell me what policies you are talking about how could I answer your question.

I mean, if no one said what you just claimed they said, I’m not sure I believe much of anything you say at this point.

[quote]The republican party is a dying one, thank God! Concerned mainly with the rich and corporations. The Dems are just shadows of their rhetoric.
[/quote]

lol, you are in no position to call other’s brainwashed.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Bill O’Reilly is a fucking douchebag idiot, working on a station that pushes a right wing agenda. He’s far from special in that regard. He’s made a lot of money doing this.

It’s just people paid to argue from authority and push the agenda that one side is inherently evil on everything, can’t be trusted, and THEY are the reason the country sucks. The left has them, the right has them. Trying to point out the idiocy in one of them as opposed to the others is futile. Welcome to politics. [/quote]

It is not your post that is the problem, because your post is truthful, it’s the response to criticism that is unequal.

[/quote]

Joe Biden talks about putting people back in chains, Bill Maher calls President Obama “Chocolate Jesus”, and I would get the same pass if I said those same things ?

uh huh.[/quote]

That is not even close to the point of this post. Criticizing the right is mostly there own doing as they are so far off the reservation that it is laughable they espouse the most retarded things. I love their new push to reach out to minorities. They espouse policies that hurt minorities the most but yet they think if they dress up the same message these people will vote for them. They are so stupid it is almost beyond reproach. What benefit or reason would any minority have for voting republican.[/quote]

Are you kidding ?

Bill Clinton said to Ted Kennedy in reference to Obama “A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.”

Harry Reid referred to Obama as "being notably light-skinned and having “no Negro dialect unless he wanted to have one.”

Joe Biden said in a statement “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

One is a former President, the other is the current Senate majority leader, and the last one is our current Vice President !

All 3 of them got passes for being Democrats, but the Cuban Rubio got flamed for drinking water, FUCKING WATER, not even Vodka.

Minorities mostly vote Democrat because most immigrant people are poor when starting out in a new land, so it helps them to receive assistance from government programs.

I also want to point out that, here in Los Angeles, this highly Black and Latino city just voted down a sales tax increase. It seems that people vote with their wallet in mind, more than anything else.
[/quote]

Exactly immigrants get the most help from government so why would a minority vote for a republican? Where is the advantage?[/quote]

With time, taxes catch up with everyone.

You will learn, as we have here, that there is no such thing as the monolithic voter. Dems are winning minorities, until they lose with them. The moment Dem polices cause minorities to hurt their wallets (lose jobs, higher taxes, etc), Dems become losers.

Latinos voted down a sales tax increase here, because they have had enough. More tax proposals coming up are taxes for mattress disposal, taxing email, red-light camera tickets being automatic and indefensible.

My point is, eventually these policies hit them too. This idea of constant taxation is like running on a treadmill whose speed is ever increasing. Eventually, you cannot keep up and you fall on your face.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[/quote]

uh huh.[/quote]

Are you kidding ?

Bill Clinton said to Ted Kennedy in reference to Obama “A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.”

Harry Reid referred to Obama as "being notably light-skinned and having “no Negro dialect unless he wanted to have one.”

Joe Biden said in a statement “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

One is a former President, the other is the current Senate majority leader, and the last one is our current Vice President !

All 3 of them got passes for being Democrats, but the Cuban Rubio got flamed for drinking water, FUCKING WATER, not even Vodka.

Minorities mostly vote Democrat because most immigrant people are poor when starting out in a new land, so it helps them to receive assistance from government programs.

I also want to point out that, here in Los Angeles, this highly Black and Latino city just voted down a sales tax increase. It seems that people vote with their wallet in mind, more than anything else.
[/quote]

Exactly immigrants get the most help from government so why would a minority vote for a republican? Where is the advantage?[/quote]

You will learn, as we have here, that there is no such thing as the monolithic voter. Dems are winning minorities, until they lose with them. The moment Dem polices cause minorities to hurt their wallets (lose jobs, higher taxes, etc), Dems become losers.

Latinos voted down a sales tax increase here, because they have had enough. More tax proposals coming up are taxes for mattress disposal, taxing email, red-light camera tickets being automatic and indefensible.

My point is, eventually these policies hit them too. This idea of constant taxation is like running on a treadmill whose speed is ever increasing. Eventually, you cannot keep up and you fall on your face. [/quote]

So why do the idiotic republicans think they can just dress up a message that hasn’t changed in it’s application to reach out to minorities?

As a percentage I believe that minorities get more government assistance. [/quote]

lol, what group has more people in it, 50% of 70% of the population or 60% of 12% of the population?

Pew has Blacks at a higher % of whites in receiving transfers, but I would say the white’s number is higher than on this survey, not by enough to over come the blacks but statistically enough. I would assume most people miss a couple transfer when asked about it.

While I’m sure there is a topic out there you could educate me on, I would prefer you spoke about things relative to my questions.

In what way does the above have anything to do with what we are talking about? Please, for once, be specific.

I’ve asked twice now for you to tell me what policies you are refering to, specificly. If you can’t tell me what policies you are talking about how could I answer your question.

I mean, if no one said what you just claimed they said, I’m not sure I believe much of anything you say at this point.

[quote]The republican party is a dying one, thank God! Concerned mainly with the rich and corporations. The Dems are just shadows of their rhetoric.
[/quote]

lol, you are in no position to call other’s brainwashed. [/quote]

It is the republicans who are mainly in charge of limiting social programs. Are you telling me I need to specify? You are not aware of this?

If someone needs to have a bouncing red ball above the words they say so you can follow along then you are more idiotic then I previously thought. You don’t need to come out and say exactly what you mean it’s application are in the policy one espouses. If you need to play coy to avoid admitting this then you only look like you are hiding. You don’t need to specify to understand what it is I’m talking about.

It is the republicans who are mainly in charge of limiting social programs. [/quote]

What programs are they limiting? How are they trying to limit them?

I’m aware you are spitting out a whole bunch of talking points and are not able to make one specific claim what-so-ever so far.

I’m asking you to back up your general statements with factual specifics. Can you do this?

Ah yes, call me names. That, as always, is a wonderful replacement for provable fact.

Unless you are posting on facebook or huffington post, yes, yes you do.

No meaningful debate can happen if you can’t back up general statements with a single specific fact.

Nice projection here, also a wonderful dodging of giving one singular specific.

You are hiding because I’ve called you on your empty talking points. Seeing as how all this stuff is so obvious to you, I figured you could have riddled off 5 or 6 specifc examples at this point of any number of claims you have made. Yet you can’t… hmmm

[quote]You don’t need to specify to understand what it is I’m talking about.
[/quote]

Correct, I don’t need to specify anything. I haven’t made the claims you have. You have to specify.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[/quote]

uh huh.[/quote]

Are you kidding ?

[/quote]

My point is, eventually these policies hit them too. This idea of constant taxation is like running on a treadmill whose speed is ever increasing. Eventually, you cannot keep up and you fall on your face. [/quote]

So why do the idiotic republicans think they can just dress up a message that hasn’t changed in it’s application to reach out to minorities?[/quote]

Because the impoverished and down-trodden are the easiest to fool.

From 1985-2005, the state added 10 million people, only of which 150,000 file taxes and 7 million are on Medicaid. We imported a shit ton of poor people, who think government is the answer to their problems.

Do you think you can fool rich educated people as easily as the poor and uneducated ?

Let me give you a hint, used-car salesmen love stupid gullible people, not well-informed people who have done their homework. The same holds true in politics.

Because the stupid don’t know the facts, and do not read the fine-print, we have…

• Gasoline that is almost a dollar a gallon more than other states

• Energy prices that are 30% higher than other states

• Schools raising tuition on the kids, only to give administrators and chancellors $100k raises.

• A budget that can be passed by a simple majority, where creative accounting has caused us to have budget deficits in the Billions.

• Passing a bullet train proposal that is so bad, the original author of it is now suing to stop it.

• A governor who can stand in front of the people, and label a “millionaire” as someone who makes $250k per year and saves for 4 years.

You get the idea.

Zep,

Take a look, this is why you’re the last to learn a lesson Conservatives figured out a long time ago.

No matter how big the collective ego Liberals have, we cannot “out-Europe” Europe…

A new financial report by California State Auditor and the Bureau of State Audits shows that California is heading down the tubes, and fast?it now has a negative net worth of $127.2 billion. It?s actually worse than that; although the report counted the state’s long-term obligations at $167.9 billion, that doesn?t count unfunded liabilities for state employees’ future pensions or the $60 billion in unfunded liabilities for retiree health care. Both of those costs have been listed by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board and Moody’s as costs that states and localities should include in their budgetary assessments.

If those costs were included in California?s budget sheet, the state?s net worth would decline hundreds of billions of dollars more. Of the $167.9 billion in long-term obligations, $79.9 billion came from general obligation bonds, and $30.8 billion came from revenue bonds which were largely used to build state prisons.

The report asserted that California spent $1.7 billion more in the 2011-12 fiscal year than it took in, leaving the state in arrears almost $23 billion. Of the $127.2 billion spent by the state, roughly half of it resulted from the state issuing general obligation bonds which were then distributed to local governments and school districts for public works projects. Those assets were listed on the balance sheets of the localities involved, while the state accrued the bonded debt.

I love their new push to reach out to minorities. They espouse policies that hurt minorities the most but yet they think if they dress up the same message these people will vote for them. They are so stupid it is almost beyond reproach. What benefit or reason would any minority have for voting republican.[/quote]

List the ways Republicans hurt minorities. Please. I would love to see that list.

Does it occur to you that the minority they are reaching out to are the ones marching into the nation illegally to the tune of about 20 million? They were allowed in for a purpose. The Democrats want to give them voting rights. They are replacing the black vote and at some point the Democrat party will not be your friend. What do you propose the Republicans do, just continue letting illegals dictate who runs this country?

Do you think Hispanics love living with blacks? What do you think will happen when these young intelligent Hispanics start winning everywhere?

Do us all a favor and list what legislation from the Republicans is introduced to “hurt” minorities. It’s like the husband taking the credit cards away from his wife after he loses his job and her screaming bloody murder because she can’t keep spending. But you won’t get the analogy.

Eurozone reaches new record high unemployment of 12%…

WASHINGTON – The unemployment rate in the 17-nation Eurozone was a record high of 12% in February as Europe continued to struggle with its debt crisis.

The February rate was the same as January, which was revised up slightly from an initial figure of 11.9%, the region’s statistical office, Eurostat, said Tuesday.

The 12% rate was the highest since the Eurozone began tracking the data in 2000 after creation of the region’s single currency.

The unemployment rate has been consistently hitting new records since late 2011 as the European economy has been dragged into recession by major debt problems in countries such as Greece, Italy and Spain.

Last month, the tiny island nation of Cyprus flared into another trouble spot after a bailout plan caused an unexpected run on banks.

Europe’s recession worsened in the fourth quarter of 2012, as the economy shrank at an annual rate of 0.6%. It was the biggest contraction since the 2008 financial crisis.

Spain had the highest unemployment rate in February, at 26.3%, up slightly from January. Portugal was next at 17.5%, followed by 14.6% in Slovakia and 14% in Cyprus.

The lowest rates were Austria at 4.8%, Germany at 5.4%, and Luxembourg at 5.5%. The U.S. unemployment rate was 7.7% in February.

Yep, let’s follow that model.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Eurozone reaches new record high unemployment of 12%…

WASHINGTON – The unemployment rate in the 17-nation Eurozone was a record high of 12% in February as Europe continued to struggle with its debt crisis.

The February rate was the same as January, which was revised up slightly from an initial figure of 11.9%, the region’s statistical office, Eurostat, said Tuesday.

The 12% rate was the highest since the Eurozone began tracking the data in 2000 after creation of the region’s single currency.

The unemployment rate has been consistently hitting new records since late 2011 as the European economy has been dragged into recession by major debt problems in countries such as Greece, Italy and Spain.

Last month, the tiny island nation of Cyprus flared into another trouble spot after a bailout plan caused an unexpected run on banks.

Europe’s recession worsened in the fourth quarter of 2012, as the economy shrank at an annual rate of 0.6%. It was the biggest contraction since the 2008 financial crisis.

Spain had the highest unemployment rate in February, at 26.3%, up slightly from January. Portugal was next at 17.5%, followed by 14.6% in Slovakia and 14% in Cyprus.

The lowest rates were Austria at 4.8%, Germany at 5.4%, and Luxembourg at 5.5%. The U.S. unemployment rate was 7.7% in February.

Yep, let’s follow that model.[/quote]

Funny how I listened to the “free marketeers claim to give austerity some time to work”. I wonder what excuse they will use now…

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

I love their new push to reach out to minorities. They espouse policies that hurt minorities the most but yet they think if they dress up the same message these people will vote for them. They are so stupid it is almost beyond reproach. What benefit or reason would any minority have for voting republican.[/quote]

List the ways Republicans hurt minorities. Please. I would love to see that list.

Does it occur to you that the minority they are reaching out to are the ones marching into the nation illegally to the tune of about 20 million? They were allowed in for a purpose. The Democrats want to give them voting rights. They are replacing the black vote and at some point the Democrat party will not be your friend. What do you propose the Republicans do, just continue letting illegals dictate who runs this country?

Do you think Hispanics love living with blacks? What do you think will happen when these young intelligent Hispanics start winning everywhere?

Do us all a favor and list what legislation from the Republicans is introduced to “hurt” minorities. It’s like the husband taking the credit cards away from his wife after he loses his job and her screaming bloody murder because she can’t keep spending. But you won’t get the analogy.

[/quote]

If you need specifics then you are more dead than anyone can be. If you don’t realize that it’s the reps who want to cut spending that directly goes to minorities then you are beyond reproach.

And with your husband analogy you commit a fallacy of composition. You assume if it’s good for the family it’s good for the overall economy. Too bad it doesn’t work that way. But you won’t get it because it’s beyond your simple ability to reason and your lack of understanding of how economics really works.

If you need specifics then you are more dead than anyone can be. .[/quote]

Allow me to translate this into grown up talk:

[quote]Zeppelin795 means:

I can’t offer a single specific example because I’m just spewing out lefty talking points, and can’t back up my claims with anything meanful that could be discussed.

Got me, good one you guys.[/quote]

If you don’t realize that it’s the reps who want to cut spending that directly goes to minorities then you are beyond reproach.

[/quote]

Again, more white people receive government transfers than minorities.

Aside from the fact you still haven’t explained what skin color or cultural back ground have to do with the need for government transfers.

If you don’t realize that it’s the reps who want to cut spending that directly goes to minorities then you are beyond reproach.

[/quote]

Again, more white people receive government transfers than minorities.

Aside from the fact you still haven’t explained what skin color or cultural back ground have to do with the need for government transfers.[/quote]

As a percentage the minorities get more government assistance. As a percentage minorities are more poor. So when the reps want to impose austerity policies but at the same time want minorities to vote for them it is borderline retarded. They think they can put lipstick on a pig and fool people. So maybe they don’t have a neon sign that says “Vote for us so we can make your life more difficult” that is the effect of the policies they espouse.

If you need specifics then you are more dead than anyone can be. .[/quote]

Allow me to translate this into grown up talk:

[quote]Zeppelin795 means:

I can’t offer a single specific example because I’m just spewing out lefty talking points, and can’t back up my claims with anything meanful that could be discussed.

Got me, good one you guys.[/quote][/quote]

Allow me to connect the dots for you since your purposeful coyness is a place you love to go and hide when pretending not to understand the overall point because it proves your ideology is a fraud. Are you trying to make the assertion that it is not the republicans who are spearheading the austerity measures which cut social funding? And then that begs the question who gets most hurt by the cuts in government funding? Please answer or pretend not to understand since I haven’t named a particular cut in a certain program. As if that makes a difference.

I sure learned a lot here.

Basically carry a big fuckin stick when you’re around minorities because they want to punish anyone that isn’t their skin color. We are the reason they can’t succeed in life.

As a percentage the minorities get more government assistance.[/quote]

And? What does this matter? The facts are the same. More white people receive government transfers, which is as far as we can go until you provide the specifics of your arguement.

Percentage of what? More poor than what or who?

Please give specifics of these “austerity policies” you speak about.

And secondly, if more white people receive government transfers, what the hell does skin color or cultural back ground have anything to do with who you vote for or the need for government transfers?

If you’d answer the basic questions you have been asked over and over with factual specific information we could move the debate on from this stage. Until you can back up your assertions, this is the spot we have to stay.

[quote]They think they can put lipstick on a pig and fool people. So maybe they don’t have a neon sign that says “Vote for us so we can make your life more difficult” that is the effect of the policies they espouse.

[/quote]

But if more white people receive government transfers, and white people vote for Republicans at a 70% clip, what does minority status have anything to do with it?