T Nation

Could Anyone Show Me a Beach Lifter Routine?

Look, I know a lot of you all are sick of people like me, but these are my goals. I want to have the body of a Calvin Klein model, and I know that those guys basically just do bench press and curls, while maintaining a low body fat.

But could someone show me a routine with a focus like that? Cause I want the right idea for the sets and reps scheme. Thanks in advance.

Most cadavers I dissect have such a body once I remove the skin, adipose and layers, so I’d say it’s diet more than anything. Once I take off the fascia they’re really ripped.

So, you’re saying you want a program designed specifically to set your body up for traumatic injury in the future?

Look, if that’s your goal more power to you, at least you posted in the beginner’s section and not the bodybuilding forum (where you would probly have be flamed to oblivion). BUT that’s a shitty program that will lead you towards injury. Why would you want to do that to yourself? Besides, if fat loss is required to reach your goal, that program would be super shitty for fat loss.

read the articles. At least read the stickies at the top of this forum.

I know a lot of you don’t think so, but the truth is that Calvin Klein models indeed have a higher than average amount of muscle. (as in compared to a guy that doesn’t lift)

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
So, you’re saying you want a program designed specifically to set your body up for traumatic injury in the future?

Look, if that’s your goal more power to you, at least you posted in the beginner’s section and not the bodybuilding forum (where you would probly have be flamed to oblivion). BUT that’s a shitty program that will lead you towards injury. Why would you want to do that to yourself? Besides, if fat loss is required to reach your goal, that program would be super shitty for fat loss.

read the articles. At least read the stickies at the top of this forum.[/quote]

Why exactly would I be more prone to injury?

“but the truth is that Calvin Klein models indeed have a higher than average amount of muscle. (as in compared to a guy that doesn’t lift)”

Maybe more muscle than a guy that does no exercise whatsoever. I figured they were more or less trained like veal.lol

Seriously though. Just train well all around and eat right. You won’t accidentally become too muscular.

**If you you do however, know in advance that we hate you for it.

Load up a bar in the squat rack with at least 400lbs (This will help you raise your test levels because girls in the gym will ask you about why you are so good)

Then pick up some dumbells, 25s are good, and bring them over to the squat rack.

do as many sets as needed until you get a pump, and then when you think you cant curl any more, just throw your back into the last few reps and wait a minute or two and do some more.

When you are done curling unload the bar on the rack, go to the fridge at the front of the gym, and get at least two muscle milks (One for now and one after you get home)

Your pecs will probably get hit hard enough when you rack and unrack weights so don’t worry about bench press, it just leads to a bulky once you get passed 125 anyway.

edit: This post is geared towards the op being a troll.

Then I’ll settle for a good hypertrophy routine. What’s a good hypertrophy routine then?

[quote]dpgig wrote:
Then I’ll settle for a good hypertrophy routine. What’s a good hypertrophy routine then?[/quote]

Try one of the stickies. Its what they are there for.

If that doesnt satisfy, all 300+ pages or what not, try one of the hundreds of articles T-Nation posts weekly on this subject.

What you did was come to a library and ask for a book, you didnt say what book, you just want a book.

Go grab one off a shelf.

[quote]amphibian wrote:
Most cadavers I dissect have such a body once I remove the skin, adipose and layers, so I’d say it’s diet more than anything. Once I take off the fascia they’re really ripped.[/quote]

You scare me sometimes lol.

[quote]tengen10 wrote:
Load up a bar in the squat rack with at least 400lbs (This will help you raise your test levels because girls in the gym will ask you about why you are so good)

Then pick up some dumbells, 25s are good, and bring them over to the squat rack.

do as many sets as needed until you get a pump, and then when you think you cant curl any more, just throw your back into the last few reps and wait a minute or two and do some more.

When you are done curling unload the bar on the rack, go to the fridge at the front of the gym, and get at least two muscle milks (One for now and one after you get home)

Your pecs will probably get hit hard enough when you rack and unrack weights so don’t worry about bench press, it just leads to a bulky once you get passed 125 anyway.[/quote]

Haha, very funny. But I don’t like how whenever people IN THE BEGINNERS SECTION ask a BEGINNER QUESTION, assholes like you start jumping around, yelling “TROLL!” So STFU and GTFO if all you have to contribute is being a troll in a genuine topic.

Have you read this?

[quote]dpgig wrote:
I want to have the body of a Calvin Klein model[/quote]

If you don;t look like one (after some cardio whch you no doubt have tried) then you don;t have the right frame for that. So you can’t…if you feel otherwise put up pics and I will point out all structural shortcomings that will prevent you from looking like a Calvin Clein model.

YOu answered your own quesiton. Do bench press in a 12-15 rep range, rows 12-15 rep range and curls in a 8-10 rep range. Avoid pulldowns since lat development won;t help you (just in case you are one of the few who have wide clavicles -which is GOOD for a CC model btw- and hence are prone to building heavy lats), Do plenty of oblique work but avoid heavy side bends. LEg training should consist of bike sprints and running.

The CC model has more muscle compared to someone who has NEVER done any form of exercise, yes…but muscular development on any form will knock you off. I am not flaming you because I have trained a few kids for college-level modeling competitions and know what is needed there. Diet and supplements are KEY.

Finally menshealth is more suited for your goals. There isn;t much difference between the two sites information wise…you will need to use supplements like “low carb Metabolic Drive” and fish oil (Flameout or Carlson’s liquid fish oil) and coconut oil as always. avoid PWO loading of carbs and stick with whey/Metabolic Drive and a banana after training and generally keep carbs limited to breakfast and PWO (some) - and mostly from certain fruits and vegetables.

On the other hand if you want a male “muscle model” or “male stripper” look you will need to train like a bodybuilder (liek John Roman and Prisoner on this site) and add a few foundations of muscle.

[quote]amphibian wrote:
Have you read this?

Thanks, I’ll give it a read.

[quote]amphibian wrote:
Have you read this?

Thanks, I’ll give it a read.

[quote]dpgig wrote:
tengen10 wrote:
Load up a bar in the squat rack with at least 400lbs (This will help you raise your test levels because girls in the gym will ask you about why you are so good)

Then pick up some dumbells, 25s are good, and bring them over to the squat rack.

do as many sets as needed until you get a pump, and then when you think you cant curl any more, just throw your back into the last few reps and wait a minute or two and do some more.

When you are done curling unload the bar on the rack, go to the fridge at the front of the gym, and get at least two muscle milks (One for now and one after you get home)

Your pecs will probably get hit hard enough when you rack and unrack weights so don’t worry about bench press, it just leads to a bulky once you get passed 125 anyway.

Haha, very funny. But I don’t like how whenever people IN THE BEGINNERS SECTION ask a BEGINNER QUESTION, assholes like you start jumping around, yelling “TROLL!” So STFU and GTFO if all you have to contribute is being a troll in a genuine topic.

[/quote]

I troll other forums all the time so I know how it works, using caps for emphasis is a common technique and I do it often.

Generally no one speaks like that except for people who use english as a second language (your english is too good), and the less intelligent 13 year old kids who are pretty rude in real life. (not saying all 13 year old kids are bad, most can post perfectly fine)

But if you do want to train, and you are a true beginner.

Rippetoe’s starting strength worked really well for me.

Lots of people like the 5x5 programs too and you can search for that.

WS4SB is also really popular, but I was told it is slightly too advanced for a brand new lifter (Hell i couldn’t understand what working up to a max set was, what a superset was, and didn’t even know half of the exercises the first time someone recommended it to me, and that was only months ago)

GL

I still think you are a troll :slight_smile:

any basic routine on this site will work. just stop when you are content with the size you have gained.

Do an article search for “Basic Training for Beginners”, it’s a multi part column. Lots of good info there as well.

Here’s part one:

I think the point in the article regarding a “mentor” is a very good idea.