T Nation

Could Any of These Cause Diarrhea?

10mg vinprocetim

130mg DMAE

1 complex b vitamin

fish oil capsules

I’ve added all these to my diet and I’m pretty sure I’ve traced the onset of a stomach issue going back a week now to when I started taking them. I’ve taken fish oil with no issues in the past.

Thanks!

Fish oil yes. How much you taking?

Maybe remove them for a few days and see if symptoms go away. If so, start back with less or more evenly spaced out.

whats the newest addition?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Fish oil yes. How much you taking?

Maybe remove them for a few days and see if symptoms go away. If so, start back with less or more evenly spaced out.[/quote]

Fish oil alone, or too much fat in your diet with not enough fiber? If I remember correctly, that can cause diarrhea.

Fish oil caps that are rancid may also cause the Hershey squirts.

I think to much fish oil can be a problem for the gut. With that said, I also have found a little bit of fish oil to be helpful with a grumpy gut.

From personal experience I think B vitamin complexes can cause issues also.

It’s a long shot, but the DMAE could also be an issue.

There are a number of neurotransmitters involved with running the digestive system (they’re not all used in the brain), and the increased choline could be knocking something out of balance.

But it’s a very long shot… serotonin levels generally screw with digestive behaviors more than anything.

What you probably should have done is stuck with the standard protocol with any stack of “add one at a time, use it for a few days, and monitor side effects, then add the next thing.”

In your case, drop the fish oil, see if it makes a difference. If not, add it back in, and drop the DMAE; if not, drop the B complex.

Just try to rule it out.

EDIT: keep the vinpocetine. Stuff’s amazing. Lol