Cottage Cheese

Does anyone know how I can spice my non-fat cottage cheese up a bit?

thanx.

blend in a blender/food processor with fruits or veggies, your choice. Cayenne pepper never hurt anybody. :slight_smile:

Get rid of the low-fat crap and go with whole (4%). I use it as a condiment with chicken/steak/pork and my side of veggies. great P&F meal for dinner.

I mix mine with my daily dose of fat free yogurt. Of course it’s about 6 parts CC and 1 part yogurt.

But it’s enough to rid me of that horrible Cottage Cheese taste.

Try it with a scoop of Low-Carb Grow! before bed. It’ll give you body slow-digesting protein for the over-night fast, and it tastes damn good.

Try it with pineapple chunks.

[quote]The Smaniac wrote:
Try it with a scoop of Low-Carb Grow! before bed. It’ll give you body slow-digesting protein for the over-night fast, and it tastes damn good.[/quote]

Adding chocolate Low-Carb Grow! to cottage cheese makes like chocolate pudding. Delicious!

I love cc with Atkins Syrup (0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 calories). It is unbelieveable. Buy some at Walmart and try it out.

[quote]StrongMan wrote:
Get rid of the low-fat crap and go with whole (4%). I use it as a condiment with chicken/steak/pork and my side of veggies. great P&F meal for dinner. [/quote]

Amen.

How do you “spice it up”? Eat it with the fat that it originally came with!There’s a good reason why you always find complete protein attached to fat–you need to eat protein with its fat source in order to properly assimilate it as well as get your saturated fat, cholesterol and fat-soluble vitamins which are critical to testosterone production. Read the following and don’t make the foolish mistake of eating anything “low fat” again:

http://www.westonaprice.org/men/vitaminabodybuilding.html

While you’re at it, read this too and find out how bodybuilders and strongmen of the past ate, and you’ll soon be leaving the low fat crap in the dairy case for the anorexic women to buy.

http://www.westonaprice.org/men/splendidspecimens.html

Someone mentioned cottage cheese with tuna. How does it taste? Remind you of tuna salad sandwhich mix? I was thinking about that the other day, but I normally do not eat cottage cheese.

Thanks for the responses guys, especially you wise11, that was quite informative. I have been eating non-fat cottage cheese, not low fat. I know, still the same point. Just give me the dignity of the fact that I went hardcore (non fat) and I didnt half ass it (low fat). I will begin to buy the “whole” cottage cheese. Thanks !

-Nathan

other things that mix well with cottage cheese:
sugar free fat free pudding powder
splenda and cinnamon
cool whip
wheat bran
apple slices
peanut butter or almond butter

before you flame me I realize that cool whip has some nasty hydrogenated fats in it, so use it sparingly, but it seems to help with the texture.

my two favorite concoctions -
all purpose snack:
1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup wheat bran
splenda and cinnamon to taste
dollop of cool whip

evening snack:
1 cup cottage cheese
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 tbsp almond butter
dollop of cool whip

Cool whip is a disgusting abomination of processed food and has absolutely no place in any bodybuilder’s staple diet.

YUCKKKKKKKK!!!