Cottage Cheese

Just wondering how much cottage cheese you guys eat every day… I’m up to about 2 pounds now.

How do you eat so much? I cant eat that stuff plain, I have to mix it into my shakes. I consume around 2-3 servings a day.

I love that stuf… Add 1 tsp of sugar or honey and eat it up… Even better tasting is Ricotta Cheese… You should try it :slight_smile:

I mix it with advanced protein. For P&C meals I throw in like a 1.5 cups of oatmeal w/ 1/2 cup of cottage cheese/ap. I do that 3 times a day… then before bed I take my fish oil with cottage cheese/ap. It’s one of my favorite things to eat for some reason… people think I’m nuts.

Here’s a great way to eat cottage cheese (P=C meal): 300 gr. cheese low or no fat, 3 bananas, 50 gr. raisins. About 660 Kcal, 36 g prot., excellent for Massive Eating.

These are all great ideas! I usually go with 1/2 cup of the full fat version (5g fat, 6g carb, 12g protein in 1/2 cup) with just a sprinkle of chocolate protein powder to make a party in my mouth. This is my pre-bed meal every single night, unless I’m bulking like a madman, in which case I’d just eat the whole tub.

i’ve never eaten cottage cheese except to try it a long time ago. it looks like art paste, feels sick in your mouth and tastes terrible.

I eat 1 1/2 cups a day, the low fat stuff, before bed. Like Chris Shugart’s advice regarding oatmeal, I “eat it like a man,” plain & straight up. Yes, it’s nasty, but after a while, I got apathetic about it, tell myself I’m just “feeding the machine,” & that lookin’ buffed (someday… soon, I hope)will more than compensate for all the stuff I did & ate to get that way.

I guess I was just born lucky enough to actually really LOVE a lot of great body building foods, cottage cheese included. I actually have to limit myself when I’m cutting, eating no more than two pounds a day. When bulking, I eat about 4. I love the stuff. Great cheescake shake recipes available upon request =)

Trev, let’s hear it…I eat tons of cottage cheese, and like you, have to limit myself because I like it so much.

For the people that say they don’t like cottage cheese, your probably buying a poor quality product. I hate the cheap stuff but if you buy high quality it taste awesome. The crap cottage cheese will have a lot of white like cream on the top and be kinda mushy(it may have been frozen). The good stuff will be more firm with whole curds, not mushy.
I have also found the brands that have fewer carbs taste better that the higher carb ones

A few of my favorite ways to eat it are,

1. Mix with Davinci sugar free blueberry syrup. It’s sweetened with splenda and it taste fantastic!

2. Mix seven packets of splenda with a 1/4 tsp cinnamon in a empty shaker and sprinkle it on the cottage cheese.

3. Top with hot and spicy cheddar cheese.

SBET, I’ll take that as a request for some recipes.

Strawberry Cheescake: 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop vanilla grow!, 5 strawberries, 3 ice cubes. The trick is to add enough cottage cheese so that the flavor of grow doesn't over power it.

Chocolate Cheesecake: 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 scoops low carb choc grow!, 1/4 banana, 2 ice cubes. For UBER chocolatey goodness, add some Swiss Miss Hot Choc. Mix ("diet" version, not fat free or sugar free. It's new, but look around for it.)

Plain Ole Cheescake (good nonetheless) 3/4 cup cottage chesse, 1 table spoon low fat jell-o cheescake mix, 2 scoops grow!, 1/2 graham cracker, 3 drops vanilla extract, ice cubes depending on thickness.

I've done some experiments, like adding strawberries to the choc. one (not so bad). Also, I've tried adding mint extract to all of them, so that depends on your taste. I blend mine up with a Thunderstick so you may have to add more water or less ice depending on your blender. Thundersticks are amazing, btw.

I've tried a blueberry one as well, but it seems to only come out good if you use fresh instead of frozen.

Let me know if you have others =)

don’t know how many pounds it is but i eat 3 cups a day which according to the carton is 672g. i dont mind it but i dont think i could eat more than i am now each day without starting to hate the stuff.

What are the low carb brands of cottage chees? I’ve never seen any. I like the stuff but the carbs limit my intake.

Cottage cheese is god given gift to mankind! I go with the fattier version/ 4g F/ 13P/ 1,5 C- which makes a great lowcarb meal anytime by itself. Eat it with some low fat yoghurt or lo fat mousse when going for a p+c meal.

If I’m not mistaken, the “Friendship” brand of cottage cheese has the lowest carbs I’ve found so far. It’s got 4g carbs and 14 or 15g protein per serving. Hope this helps.

If you live in the northwest, the Meijer brand cottage cheese (low fat not fat free) taste great and has only 4gms of carbs per serving.

4 grams of carbs?? Shit, here in Europe we got 1-2 grams of carbs.

i’m telling you guys, publix brand is the shit. i can’t stand most cottage cheese, but publix i find to be at least tolerating. fat free has 15g protein, 5g carbs. its the only type of cottage cheese i will eat.

try this for a cottage cheese dessert. 16oz cottage cheese, heavy whipping cream, and 1 packet of sugar-free jello. make some whip cream and then mix all the rest in with it. i have this now while on keto.