Cottage Cheese, Ugh

there is a huge difference between brands. the one i really like is called “organic valley”. it’s a national brand. get the 4% milkfat. the non-fat is terrible… as is every brand of non-fat anything ever made.

OK, I took everybodys advice and played around a little bit in the kitchen with the stuff. Tonight its…

1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup skim milk
sugar free chocolate syrup
3 tsp low carb peanut butter
1 heaping scoop whey protein
1 packet splenda

Blend it all together real well, place in freezer for 1.5 hour, and then eat it like ice cream. Looking forward to it…

–JB

I’ll one up you and cut the time down to as fast as you can blend.

1. 1 cup of FF chocolate milk
  2. 5 ice cubes
  3. scoop of protein powder(chocolate)
  4. 1 cup FF cottage cheese
  5. 1-2 tbsp nat. PB
  6. Honey to taste/Splenda
  7. .5-1 banana
  8. Oats or nuts if you like

blend and drink

I love cottage cheese, just plain, pure and straight up… Mayfield makes the best…

Can’t stand sweets, anything sweet at all… just dislike the taste and sensation, always have, always will…

I have some Greek style nonfat plain yogurt here that looks like a decent alternative to cottage cheese and it’s pretty damn good. I usually add some honey to it.

The Nutrition label for the yogurt reads:
Serving size 1 cup
Total Fat: 0g
Carbs: 5g
Protein: 20g

And the lowfat cottage cheese label here:
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Total Fat: 2g
Carbs: 4g
Protein: 14g

a good salsa and tuna

The reason cottage cheese tastes so bad is because it’s so salty. I get the no salt stuff and eat it no problem. You can also heat it up and put some cinnamon in, and it’s as good as a dessert.

I don’t like the taste of whey or casein, not even Metabolic Drive or Surge. So while it is milder, I wasn’t surprised when I didn’t like cottage cheese. I take the same approach with all this shit; I down them without breathing through my nose. There are things that are worth eating even if you don’t like the taste.

Like others have said, it’s all about the brand. If you’re choking down stuff that tastes like vomit, or merely unpalatable, it’s your own damn fault. There are some decent brands out there and even a few that are delicious. You just need to take the time to look.

Alta Dena lowfat is my first choice, although I believe it’s regional (CA) like most dairy brands.

Dice up an apple and add some cinnamon, or either of those two on their own in the cottage cheese is also good.
Chocolate Metabolic Drive.
Frozen blueberries and oatmeal, or just the blueberries.
Or you can always just spoon it out with some celery or green pepper as is, or some tortilla chips once in a while.

I added Diet Dr Pepper to some CC last night, and it tasted like an ice cream float. Weird, wild stuff.

I have tried this recipe for salad dressing…found it on the T-vixen forum

1 tub cottage cheese
1 ranch packet

Blend together for a high protein/low fat salad dressing. Can be used for dipping veggies in too.

You may have to add water to thin it out as it may be a little thick.