T Nation

Cottage Cheese, Ugh

So, i just downed my nightly fish oil and BCAA, and im sitting here staring down my 3/4 cup of cottage cheese, i can tolerate it, but does anybody have any low calorie, low carb tricks to kick it up a notch ?

–WS4

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
So, i just downed my nightly fish oil and BCAA, and im sitting here staring down my 3/4 cup of cottage cheese, i can tolerate it, but does anybody have any low calorie, low carb tricks to kick it up a notch ?

–WS4[/quote]

peachessssss

make a shake with it in some Metabolic Drive

I like it with hot sauce. I know it sounds gross, but it actually tastes pretty good. You could also try mixing in some sugar-free syrup (like Da Vinci brand) for a different flavor.

Different brands have different textures, too. I prefer drier cottage cheese as opposed to creamier. If you find a brand that suits your preference, it may be more palatable.

mix it w/ a low carb yogurt.

Man it’s too bad that almost everyone hates cottage cheese. I can honestly down a cup easily. Try it with peaches or pineapple.

[quote]SdotCarter wrote:
Man it’s too bad that almost everyone hates cottage cheese. I can honestly down a cup easily. Try it with peaches or pineapple.[/quote]

I also love cottage cheese. Add fruit, sugar or slenda and it will taste better.

For many, Cottage Cheese is an acquired taste!

I don’t mind it.

Mufasa

Trying blending it with:

Chocolate Metabolic Drive
Natural peanut butter
A heap of ice
Just enough water for it to mix.

I have this as my last meal most nights and it’s heaven - like a snickers thickshake.

bedtime snack:

cottage cheese
low-carb vanilla yougurt
Metabolic Drive (chocolate)
peanut butter
raspberries

mix it up in a bowl. eat like ice cream… its killer.

Mixed with Chocolate Metabolic Drive and fresh blueberries is also good

i mix cottage cheese with chopped cucumbers and tomatoes, and then pour olive oil on it. and just eat it with a spoon. gonna start doing that every night.

Just eat it with celery, using the celery as a spoon.

Thanks everybody, im gonna make a list and try everything, i usually mix it up in a blender with sugar free syrup,peantue butter, and some Metabolic Drive. Last nights was just a bit difficult to get down for some reason…turns out that reason was because it expired like a week ago.

thanks, WS4

get the whipped cottage cheese, much better with a ricotta like consistency.

I think Cottage Cheese is very brand-dependent and I’ve found that the store brands are not as good as the ‘Light and Lively’ brand that I usually go for. The other low fat store brands have a strange kind of acidity to them that I can’t stand unless it’s covered up by protein powder.

definetly try out different types. im not a fan of the creamy ones but my brother is. also mixing in blueberries makes it much better.

Basically any sweet/crunchy fruit will make it more tolerable. For most people the problem isn’t the taste, it’s the texture.

I eat 2 cups of it mixed with 1 cup of any type of berries and it’s quite good.

This is basically what I do to make Cotttage cheese taste relatively better.

I mix about a half of cup of cottage cheese with some flax meal/almonds/EVOO/Protein powder/ (to get the good fats in)

Sometimes I use all sometimes just a few of the above ingredients, then i put some Sugar free/fat free Jello pudding mix in there, not a lot though, and about .5 cup of milk, I mix this all in a measuring cup usually. Then I put it in the freezer for a couple of hours. Comes out cold and tastes really good. (Somewhat like Ice cream.

After that ill add some peanut butter. I’ve been doing this for as long as i can remember and then hit the bed 10 min. later. still lean as can be.
Try it you might like it.

Drink rams piss first.