Cottage Cheese Tastes Like Sh@T!!

This is weird but I like it at room temp.

I would bring it to work and eat it warm and found its much easier to stomach. Like melted cheese, sorta.

I cant eat it cold no more.

a scoop of Grow!

a little milk, a half scoop of vanilla Grow! and the secret ingredient is … apple sauce! I tried this today for the first time and its great!

Might be a bit obvious, but no one has mentioned it–try different brands. For instance, I can eat Dean’s just fine, but Breakstone’s makes me want to hurl.

Bino,
How can you hate on Breakstones? I love that shit!!! I eat about 2 or 3 containers a day. If you dont like the taste just mix some whey into it and add some natural pb mix and enjoy:)
WIll42

“We didn’t get 40 acers and a mule, but we got you C.C.”

Yes I already mentioned to try different brands, I would reccomend mine but as I live in New Zealand I doubt they would be the same brands as most of you guys, living in the US.

Oh, and low fat, no fat all the same… they taste crap in my experience.

Just go for the full fat and you can eat it as a p+f meal by itself, thats what I do.

[quote]basementD wrote:
Anyone got some suggestions on how to make cottage cheese taste better. I hate it, but I am trying to learn to get this stuff down. [/quote]

basementD:

Bottom Line: Try another brand. Taste and macronutrient ratios vary to an incredible extent between brands. I no longer eat cottage cheese because all my local grocery store sells is Breakstone’s - I think that even the 4% milkfat version tastes like goop. On the other hand, I can gladly put away as much as I like of the Whole Foods brand - much less fluid texture.

Here are to mixtures that I enjoy

1. P+F: 1/2-1cup low-fat cottage Cheese, 1/2-1 scoope of Low Carb Grow!, 1Tbsp of All Natural Peanut butter ( I like Crazy Richard’s) add splenda, and cinnamon to taste

2. P+C: 1/2=1cup of low-fat cottage Cheese, 1cup of whole grain cereal, 1/2-1 scoope of Low Carb Grow! 1 small banana, add splenda, and cinnamon to taste.

Good luck,

K

Penne ala Vodka, made with cottage cheese.

im not sure how my mom made it, but the 2% fat cottage cheese was substituted for cream and then regular marinara sauce (hers is amazing) was mixed in over low heat. the heat made the cottage cheese creamy and soft so the mouth feel was pretty good. i actually prefer it to regular Vodka sauce. try it, its the best cottage cheese recipe ive ever heard of!!

Penne ala Vodka, made with cottage cheese.

im not sure how my mom made it, but the 2% fat cottage cheese was substituted for cream and then regular marinara sauce (hers is amazing) was mixed in over low heat. the heat made the cottage cheese creamy and soft so the mouth feel was pretty good. i actually prefer it to regular Vodka sauce. try it, its the best cottage cheese recipe ive ever heard of!!

I just sprinkle Chocolate Grow! on it and add some ground up Flax seeds. I actually look forward to it.

You could try different brands. Knudsen’s is the only brand I can eat and I think it tastes pretty good. All the others I have tried have been really nasty. It’s one case where I won’t buy organic versions because they all taste like shit.

It also helps to buy a higher fat version. I just by whole but even 2% is a lot better than nonfat.

Nick

Off season, I pour a bit of ketchup on it, and then dip thick potato chips in it.
Not to be recommended for dieting probably, but for you skinny bastards, you can eat it in front of the TV.

Almost all cheese is made by putting acid into milk and curdling it. The curds are then pressed together. Most are then aged. The different cheeses are made using different acids. If you do not like cottage cheese try another cheese. Do a search on the internet and find out how they made it.

Ricotta (I think that is how it is spelled…) has lots of whey so maybe not the best choice.

I’ve read all of the posts to this thread and want to add rapid fire retort to one:

Why Low- (or non-) fat vs. whole milk variety: b/c despite the “fats aren’t bad for you” ala Atkins and other ketogenics - MILK FAT is one of the hardest types of fat to digest and it would be a terrible idea to ingest up to 3lbs of this daily (as some do with low-fat versions).