Cottage Cheese Replacement

Let me start by saying this: I really LOVE cottage cheese - tastes awesome and is very effective as an evening pre-bed snack when bulking
That said, the huge amounts of sodium in it give me the worst bloat possible…

I’m at a point where I have to eat at least 1 box of cottage cheese per evening for it to be effective. However, one box by itself satisfies 96% of my daily sodium need and if I eat 1 1/2 or 2 boxes it totally blows me up and makes me feel like a bloated balloon…

Can you guys think of anything that is just as effective/tasty as cottage cheese but does not have its crazy amount of sodium? Or is low-sodium cottage cheese out there (if yes, curse my grocer for not having it…)?
Thanks

salt-free cottage cheese…in your grocer’s dairy case…right next to the regular cottage cheese…tastes like ass

my grocer doesnt carry salt-free cottage chesse - I looked…damn
and double-damn if it really tastes bad
Could I replace the cottage cheese with a large casein protein shake & still get comparable results (I’d make sure that the shake has the same amount of calories)?

Original/full fat Greek yogurt

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Original/full fat Greek yogurt[/quote]

you know , I’ve always wanted to try that . whats the difference between it and regular yogurt ?

Casein protein, perhaps?

[quote]marlboroman wrote:

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Original/full fat Greek yogurt[/quote]

you know , I’ve always wanted to try that . whats the difference between it and regular yogurt ?[/quote]

Supposed “super” fats and live cultures. Really helps with leaning out and has nice fresh taste

[quote]throws56 wrote:
Casein protein, perhaps?[/quote]

I’d also have to second this if your overly worried about the sodium content which swiftly adds up.

Are you sure it’s not the lactose?

Are you holding water or is your stomach actually distending after the cottage cheese?

Ricotta Cheese

thx for the suggestions guys.
I’ll try greek yoghurt & casein and see which one works better.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

Are you holding water or is your stomach actually distending after the cottage cheese?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure its not the lactose. Im just holding a lot more water than usually (not just around my stomach but overall) and feel like a fat balloon… ^^
Good call tho - thx

[quote]N85 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

Are you holding water or is your stomach actually distending after the cottage cheese?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure its not the lactose. Im just holding a lot more water than usually (not just around my stomach but overall) and feel like a fat balloon… ^^
Good call tho - thx[/quote]

Salt really shouldn’t make you hold ‘that’ much water. The body will regulate aldosterone very well and should keep you looking ‘normal’. Also, us who are very physically active need a lot more salt than what is recommended on nutrition labels.

The only reason I’m continuing w/ this statement is because mainly people can have a glass of milk w/ no noticeable reaction to lactose. But 2,3,4 glasses later may have them shitting/farting their brains out (me). Just keep an eye out for it and maybe pick up some lactase tabs if it continues.

Might not have that problem w/ greek yogurt though. Most of the carbs in GY aren’t lactose, IIRC.

Here, Here, to crapping my life away after a few classes of milk…