Cottage Cheese & Pineapple

Would I be sabotaging my lean mass goals if I mixed some pineapple in with my cottage cheese before bed?

I have been doing that, I work out late so I am within the 6 hours that Berardi says to get your carbs… Figure I am fine. It is about the only way I can get it down.

oh i reckon youll live.

lots of cracked peper can help, or add in some tuna and mustard, or pesto to change it a bit.

If you just don’t like the taste of cottage cheese, you can try ricotta. I think JB suggested that and I really liked it. I mixed half cup of cottage cheese with a quarter cup of ricotta and a little Grow! for flavoring. Really good stuff.

if you don’t add in too much, you should be ok. but this is very dependent on the individual. if i was really trying to lean up, i wouldn’t do it. but i like cottage cheese. i have noted a huge difference in both taste and texture among the various brands of cottage cheese. for me, the Albertson’s (local grocery store) brand is actually better than the premium brands. taste around.

but hey, maybe you and cottage cheese just can’t get along. just because it is frequently mentioned doesn’t mean you have to use it. there are other options. among them, try some lean meat, low carb milk, or a balanced protein powder with some casein.

BFG

Oh, I like cottage cheese and have no problems eating it plain. I just find that it tastes REALLY good with pineapple. :slight_smile:

Dude, I love it that way. It is delicious. You’ll be fine.

Don’t worry about it

Country style cottage cheese, Low-Carb vanilla Grow! and some frozen blueberries. Mmmm, tastes like cheescake filling. And I don’t like cottage cheese.

[quote]Vyskol wrote:
Oh, I like cottage cheese and have no problems eating it plain. I just find that it tastes REALLY good with pineapple. :)[/quote]

doesn’t the pineapple have good enzymes to help digest the protein?
Plus pineapple has other cool side effects, or so I’ve read.

[quote]Vyskol wrote:
Would I be sabotaging my lean mass goals if I mixed some pineapple in with my cottage cheese before bed?
[/quote]

I eat this combo pretty much every single day as one of my regular 5-6 meals.

It’s all good.

I tried Nonfat Cottage Cheese w/ Carb Countdown Vanilla yogurt and Pineapple today and it WAS AWESOME!!!

As for your question of is it bad to add pineapple? Perhaps, depending on how obsessed you are with hormone science.

Taking in carbs immediately before sleep could moderately suppress optimal GH release due to the carbs in pineapple causing an insulin response.

Don’t be to anal about this though, I eat carbs right before sleeping all the time and have 4% Bodyfat.

My advice would be to just add enough pineapple to make it taste good.

[quote]fedorov91 wrote:

Taking in carbs immediately before sleep could moderately suppress optimal GH release due to the carbs in pineapple causing an insulin response.[/quote]

This is precisely what I was concerned about.

Though I suspect genetics and age probably play a factor for you, this is reassuring. :slight_smile:

Pretty much what I’ve decided. Thanks to all for the great responses.