T Nation

Cottage cheese ideas?

Just curious what everyone does with their cottage cheese. I know it's a great source of casein protein, but I'm repulsed by the smell and flavor unless I mix it with some lowfat flavored yogurt. What does everyone else do with their cottage cheese?

Any other good sources of casein out there?

1/2-1cup of Cottage cheese 1-2 scoopes of protein powder, (whey), 1tbsp of almond butter, and sweeten to taste with Splenda. Give it a try the texure can be a little funky, but it does the job as far as protein. Also make a good P+F snack, and/or a pre-bedtime meal.

Yeah know exactly what you mean! I can only stomach it if it has pineapple in it and the sweet and sourness complements it well.

Hmmmm... What to do with cottage cheese, eh? I like to eat it, myself... lol

1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese, 1 scoop Choc Low Carb Grow, 1 Tbl Almond Butter

Cottage Cheese Smoothie
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese, 1 scoop Vanilla Low Carb Grow, Fruit (Whole orange or peach are my favorites, strawberry, blueberry), 2 Tbls Plain Yogurt

1 Cup Cottage Cheese sprinkled with McCormick Seasioning Salt and or Seasoning Pepper

Personally, I don't mind the taste of it plain.

Forgot my all time favorite, cottage cheese pancakes!

1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal (not cooked), 2 whole eggs, cinamon, fruit optional (bannana, berries, etc.). Put in blender and pour like a regular pancake on hot skillet. Cook in advance and freeze. Great snack or quick breakfast. I'll cheat on occasion and add a teaspoon of maple syrup.

Enjoy!

Great ideas everyone - thanks, but are these okay for late night protein too?

Any other good sources of casein out there?

Go here:
http://stumptuous.com/weights.html

eating > cottage cheese page

A lot of recipes for lifters.

if texture is the problem, like it was for me just crush some whole wheat crackers and mix in...its makes a world of difference.

250 g cottage cheese
2 large and riped bananas (smashed)
50 g raisins (seedless)

Mix and swallow :slight_smile:

1/2 cottage cheese(casein)
1/2 ricotta cheese(whey)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder(flavour)
1-2 pouches splenda(sweetness)

If you like Italian canolli pastries, this tastes just like the filling without the pastry shell. You can even throw in some unsweetened chocolate chips if you like.

try switching brands, i find some brands like Deans to be absolutley repulsive and other brands to be not fairly good (for cottage cheese)

I tried the canolli recipe--it's friggin awesome.

cottage cheese on your eggs are great

cottage cheese with peanut butter tastes sooooooo good.

Try Breakstone's Cottage Cheese, I've found that brand tastes the best.

boo

since i cannot stomach the taste of cottage cheese plain, i use it in P+C meals. usually something along the lines of:
1 cup cottage cheese
1 serv. protein powder
1 serv. lowfat yoghurt
1/2 cup granola (or 1 cup, depends on the granola)

sooo good

Romano had a pretty good fat-free/sugar free cottage cheese based cheesecake recipe in the old Muscle Meals book from a while ago.

dkurk

I'm testing that one out. Thanks