Cottage Cheese Fruit Medley

I just can’t seem to stomach cottage cheese. It’s a great food, but trying to eat it straight makes me sick. To battle this, I played around a little and came up with something I can keep down, which actually tastes great.

Takes about 5 minutes to make and works for me. Just throwing the recipe out here in case anybody has the same problem, or just wants to try it.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of cottage cheese
4 packets of Splenda
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vinilla extract

Mix all these together until it looks even, and add in chopped strawberries, or any other fruit you want.

[quote]Zelazo wrote:
I just can’t seem to stomach cottage cheese. It’s a great food, but trying to eat it straight makes me sick. To battle this, I played around a little and came up with something I can keep down, which actually tastes great.

Takes about 5 minutes to make and works for me. Just throwing the recipe out here in case anybody has the same problem, or just wants to try it.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of cottage cheese
4 packets of Splenda
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vinilla extract

Mix all these together until it looks even, and add in chopped strawberries, or any other fruit you want.

[/quote]

Pineapple + cottage cheese is great. I look forward to eating it. A fellow T-Nation member told me this and I like it a lot.

Gerdy

I do mine with frozen berries. It almost, kinda, not really tastes like ice cream.

I’ll have to try the pineapple and experiment with other fruits. Especially if it almost, kinda, not really tastes like ice cream hahah.

I took your idea and added strawberries and pineapple. It was pretty good. I really enjoy eating it now. lol

Gerdy

You guys PUT IT IN THE BLENDER!

add a little water and ice, sweetener, flavor, fruit, just like you’re already doing and…voila!

it tastes like a cheesecake shake.

For real!

The blender sounds fine but personally I don’t mind eating it out of the bowl and that saves me from having to clean my blender. lol

Gerdy

I actually like the taste of cottage cheese. Not too uncommon to eat it straight out of the tub.

But, for the sake of this thread, try cottage cheese with apple sauce. Not exactly mixed together though. What I used to do is grab a bowl and fill it half with cottage cheese and half apple sauce. Then get both on every spoonful. Fun and good!

(joking about the fun part…but not really)

[quote] wrote:
[/quote]

Sounds gross! I’ll try it! lol

Gerdy

I like mine with tuna and hot sauce. I actually don’t even eat cottage cheese anymore though…or any dairy for that matter.

Haha I’ll have to try all those, don’t have a blender though :frowning: