Cottage Cheese Confusion

So I’ve read that the 4% fat cottage cheese has lower carbs but higher saturated fats which are to be avoided.

The non fat cottage cheese has higher carbs but obviously less fat.

If my goals are weight loss, which one should I eat?

Saturated fats are not to be avoided entirely. Saturated fats have their place in the diet just like pure sugar has its place in the diet.

I always go with 2% esp. because its offered bulk @ Costco.

[quote]DeterminedNate wrote:
So I’ve read that the 4% fat cottage cheese has lower carbs but higher saturated fats which are to be avoided.

The non fat cottage cheese has higher carbs but obviously less fat.

If my goals are weight loss, which one should I eat?[/quote]

Personally I go with 1% since I find the fat free ones tend to taste a little too funky for me. I think the carbs in any of the cottage cheese versions you are looking at are low enough not to be all that worried about anyway.

Kuz

I get 2%, but I don’t think it really matters. Get whatever one you can eat and enjoy. The amount of fat is not that high in 4% if you prefer that one.

Thanks guys

Agreed. 1% is the way to go. Fat free tastes odd to me.

I go with fat free when getting Cottage cheese as I get my Sat Fat from meats and such. but no sat fat IS NOT bad!!!

Also the reason it has less carbs is simple it has fat. the no fat version is exactly that No fat just carbs and protien. so it will have a higher ratio of both pro. and Carbs.

Hope that helps,
Phill