Cottage Cheese and Salt

Before bed, I eat 500 grams of cottage cheese with some Brazil nuts. Trouble is, there’s only one brand of cottage cheese around here and it’s got 0.3 grams of sodium per 100 grams. Evidently, one would not want that much sodium around in the body during a water-fasted 8 hours (I tend to pick whole food over processed powders (except PWO of course), so micellar casein or calcium caseinates are not exactly my first choice.)

What do you guys reckon? Is it OK to down that much sodium or should I reconsider the pre-bedtime meal?

Thanks,

That much sodium pre-bed shouldn’t do any harm if you feel fine doing it then stick with it. Also definitely stick with the whole foods over the powders.
You could try and get some Quark as oppose to cottage cheese it is similar in nutritional profile and maybe lower salt…

ShadoW

Why are you worried about sodium consumption?

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Why are you worried about sodium consumption? [/quote]

Cause of my acne-prone skin, eventual rises in blood pressure, and all the nasty things associated (rightfully or not) to high sodium intake. I also recall David Barr warning people over too much salt before getting the 8 waterless hours.

Thing is, I’m no nutritionist and have no idea if a gram and a half of sodium is something to be bothered about or not.

Thanks for the insight ShadoW.

[quote]lixy wrote:
HK24719 wrote:
Why are you worried about sodium consumption?

Cause of my acne-prone skin, eventual rises in blood pressure, and all the nasty things associated (rightfully or not) to high sodium intake. I also recall David Barr warning people over too much salt before getting the 8 waterless hours.

Thing is, I’m no nutritionist and have no idea if a gram and a half of sodium is something to be bothered about or not.

Thanks for the insight ShadoW.[/quote]

I’ve yet to see any negative consequence of high sodium consumption in healthy individuals. In fact, I’ve even heard some credible sources who encourage high sodium consumption as a way to increase interstitial fluid and muscle size.

Like anything, I wouldn’t take it to an extreme, but I wouldn’t worry about normal consumption through food either.

you might be allergic to dairy, on JMBs article about clear skin dairy and those who consume dairy had problems with acne.

I am so allergic to cottage cheese when i eat it I bloat so bad my face gets round, my eyes get swollen.