Costa Rica & South America Travel

Just curious to know if anyone has traveled to Costa Rica, Peru, Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay?

• non resort style. aka hiking, buses, hostels, camping, etc.

If anyone has… I’ll give more details about the trip.

Ive backpacked, which to me is busses and hostels, but never did the camping or hiking etc.

I lived in Bs As Argentina and hit La Plata, Mar del Plata, Cordoba, Iguazu, Mendoza, Bariloche, and San Martin.

In Urugay I did Colonia, Montevideo, and Punta del Este a few times.

In Chile Valparaiso, Santiago and Vina del Mar.

Then Ive also been to Colombia twice, and Ive hit Cali, Manizales, Medellin, Bucaramanga, Villa de Leyva, and Bogota.

My southern cone experience was circa 2002, but I went to colombia last year and the year before that. Feel free to ask me anything, but i think you are more outdoorsy than I was so I dont know anything really about REALLY roughing it, but I know some do.

I knew a guy who spent two years backpacking around South America. He said it was the best two years (out of his 40-something) of his life.

I can’t wait to go if I get the chance.

If you go to Peru, get someone to give you ayahuasca. Do it out in the jungle. Try to bring along someone you trust.

will do that stuff in 5 month for a long ass time. I should lose all my muscle

[quote]milktruck wrote:
Ive backpacked, which to me is busses and hostels, but never did the camping or hiking etc.

I lived in Bs As Argentina and hit La Plata, Mar del Plata, Cordoba, Iguazu, Mendoza, Bariloche, and San Martin.

In Urugay I did Colonia, Montevideo, and Punta del Este a few times.

In Chile Valparaiso, Santiago and Vina del Mar.

Then Ive also been to Colombia twice, and Ive hit Cali, Manizales, Medellin, Bucaramanga, Villa de Leyva, and Bogota.

My southern cone experience was circa 2002, but I went to colombia last year and the year before that. Feel free to ask me anything, but i think you are more outdoorsy than I was so I dont know anything really about REALLY roughing it, but I know some do.[/quote]

We will be doing something similar.

Care to give any just general tips? We are headed to Peru, Chile, Uruguay, and Argentina. Some of the spots you mentioned we are going to try and get to… but we are also looking for a few more destinations.

Thanks in advance good sir

lol thanks DJHT.

I’ve seen that.

How about Hostel as well?

[quote]ShaneM686 wrote:
lol thanks DJHT.

I’ve seen that.

How about Hostel as well?[/quote]

Honestly I normally laught at horror movies. After seeing bad shit in real life the movies just crack me up. BUT Hostel gave me fucking nightmares, just seemed to real to me.