Cost of TT and TF Labs

Hi guys, been on TRT for 3 months now. Initial TT of 420 with symptoms, now at 508 after 100mg a week self inject (sorry don’t have FT memorized or currently in front of me). My last set of labs which were just TT and TF came back for $185 (insurance only paying $30 of that).

Question is what are you guys typically paying for lab test? These seemed really high to me for only two labs and wondering if I should get them done myself somewhere else. I’ve read about the kits you can mail in your self that are fairly cheap, but I don’t know how accurate they are. Anyone have experience with these?

Try this: Private MD Labs. They typically will send you to a LabCorp in your area. $50-$100 for the lab work and it gets sent to you rather than your doctor. Also, usually very fast 24-48 hours. Hope this helps! Best of Luck.

Thanks I’ll look into them. Although the medical group I work for contracts with LabCorp so I might just cut out the middle man and give them a call for a quote.

[quote]nmallory56 wrote:
Hi guys, been on TRT for 3 months now. Initial TT of 420 with symptoms, now at 508 after 100mg a week self inject (sorry don’t have FT memorized or currently in front of me). My last set of labs which were just TT and TF came back for $185 (insurance only paying $30 of that).

Question is what are you guys typically paying for lab test? These seemed really high to me for only two labs and wondering if I should get them done myself somewhere else. I’ve read about the kits you can mail in your self that are fairly cheap, but I don’t know how accurate they are. Anyone have experience with these?[/quote]

join lef.org for monthly membership at about $7 then get member sale price for male basic hormone panel blood test at $56. their doctor writes and faxes blood test order to your local Lab Quest location. you pay lef.org not the lab.

do not have sex within 48 hours of PSA prostate test as it will negate true values.