Corvette vs Mustang

What would win in a 1/4 race?

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

2008 Shelby Mustang GT500

vette hands down…esp. if you have to oh say TURN!

Vette Z06: 11.97 at 118.80
Shelby GT500: 1/4 Mile Time: 12.9 seconds

Sorry couldn’t find the MPH for the shelby.

Both are bone stock off the showroom floor.

The wonders that are mustangs

OK well really it was a crappy driver…

You’re really comparing two different car classes. Of course the Z06 will beat a stock Shelby, that’s what the extra $25-30,000 buys you.

The better comparison is the Mustang vs. the new Camaro that’s coming out.

Mustangs are badass

Corevettes can eat shit

[quote]SouthernGypsy wrote:
Mustangs are badass

Corevettes can eat shit[/quote]

How do you figure? The mustangs are slower, can’t turn, and the vette can come with a power top for the convertible.

A standard Vette still does a 1/4 mile in 12.4 sec’s at 116 MPH.

[quote]CthruPants wrote:
You’re really comparing two different car classes. Of course the Z06 will beat a stock Shelby, that’s what the extra $25-30,000 buys you.

The better comparison is the Mustang vs. the new Camaro that’s coming out.[/quote]

I agree, but you could compare the standard vette and shelby mustand. They both have similar prices, but the vette is still faster.

Haha lord it sounds like I own one or something.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
SouthernGypsy wrote:
Mustangs are badass

Corevettes can eat shit

How do you figure? The mustangs are slower, can’t turn, and the vette can come with a power top for the convertible.

A standard Vette still does a 1/4 mile in 12.4 sec’s at 116 MPH.[/quote]

Steve McQueen drove a Mustang in the chase scene in Bullet, enough said.

But I would seriously buy a Vette if I had 100 grand. I’d buy a Mustang if I had 40 grand. I like the Mustangs better because they don’t scream mid 40 guy with a gold chain and shirt open mid life crisis guy.

I’m 44 so I don’t want to be that guy. But if I had unlimited cash, I’d get the new 911, then the Vette.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

A standard Vette still does a 1/4 mile in 12.4 sec’s at 116 MPH.[/quote]

I own a black with white racing stripes 2007 Ford Mustang GT, so there is no figuring behind my statement. Just plain out insantiy and love for Mustangs.

Here’s a good comp.

Mustang vs. Challenger

P.S. If Chrysler ever decides to remake the Barricuda, then you will have your ultimate bad ass muscle car. IMHO of course.

How about a fast lap at Laguna Seca instead?

I bet the Corvette finishes AT LEAST 5 seconds ahead of the Mustang.

Even with a 10 seconds head start given to the Mustang, I’d still bet on the 'Vette to finish first.

If you want a Ford to compare to the Corvette, you’d do better with the Ford GT.

Hey Crew- Thanks for the insight bro! This has been a debate my gym partner and I have been having for a while… I too agree the Vette would smoke the Stang. I’d pay to see the race, both cars bone stock, and two good drivers.

By the way, Chevy is coming out with a ZO7 next year. Its projected to have anywhere from 650-700 HP. Top speed over 200 mph. Its going to have a bigger engine, bigger than the 427 thats in now and will be supercharged.

I was on contract as a pro driver for GM’s performance division when the C6 was introduced a few years back. We ended up getting a few Z06’s for testing near the end of the launch so I’ve got some seat time in the car and I’ve gotta say, it’s pretty mean. When you look at performance vs dollar, it’s near the top of the bang for the buck list (STI is on there too). It would destroy the Mustang. Different classes of cars.

[quote]mingledorff7 wrote:
Hey Crew- Thanks for the insight bro! This has been a debate my gym partner and I have been having for a while… I too agree the Vette would smoke the Stang. I’d pay to see the race, both cars bone stock, and two good drivers.

By the way, Chevy is coming out with a ZO7 next year. Its projected to have anywhere from 650-700 HP. Top speed over 200 mph. Its going to have a bigger engine, bigger than the 427 thats in now and will be supercharged.[/quote]

Indeed the 2009 vettes will kick ass. I’ve seen the 2009 coupe with 602 horses. Very sweet!

[quote]Brazen T wrote:
I was on contract as a pro driver for GM’s performance division when the C6 was introduced a few years back. We ended up getting a few Z06’s for testing near the end of the launch so I’ve got some seat time in the car and I’ve gotta say, it’s pretty mean.[/quote]

I’m sure you’ve heard this before…lucky bastard.

[quote]pookie wrote:

Even with a 10 seconds head start given to the Mustang, I’d still bet on the 'Vette to finish first.

If you want a Ford to compare to the Corvette, you’d do better with the Ford GT.
[/quote]

5 seconds? Shit, the Mustang would probably get lapped.

I got a chance to sit in the current generation Z06. I literally felt my dick move after about 4 seconds of sitting in the drivers seat.

[quote]pookie wrote:

[/quote]

I used to work at Laguna Seca, your absolutely right.

I was at the track the day they where doing prototype testing for the Ford GT that thing was screaming!!

One of my ex girlfriends has a yellow Z06. She upgraded the headers, exhaust, supercharger, and loads of other things. She dusted a Ferrari and a Lamborghini. If you are in ATL and a yellow vette whips past you with a blonde behind the wheel, you’ll know who I’m talking about.

That thing would shake like none other just sitting at a stop light.

Hmm guess I was partial to the vette after all lol.

EDIT: I’ll try and dig up the old videos of her car blowing away the above mentioned ones.