Cortisol Levels Affecting Testosterone Production

I want to hear some opinions on how cortisol ( which is produced by your adrenal gland) affects your testosterone levels? opinion? have you ever gone into testosterone therapy? I am curious to find out. Just recently found out a friend has low test levels and the guy is barely 25.

Often a guy goes on TRT that has high cortisol levels and ends up killing 2 birds with one stone because TRT can lower overly high cortisol. However if his cortisol is midrange TRT can cause problems by lowering it too much, this is why it’s important to find a knowledgeable doctor. We see young guys in their teens and 20’s everyday with low T, it’s seems like it’s more common that we originally thought.

Interesting ! I have high cortisol and I just started trt . What can be the benefits of lowering cortisol? Perhaps what are the effects of having high cortisol?

Cortisol increases do to stress in one’s life, typically a guy will comment after starting TRT that it has a calming effect. It definitely did for me and I became calm every couple of months, still noticing improvements several months later and we are still getting improvements beyond a year after starting TRT. Lowering cortisol can lower your response to stress making it easier to deal with, things that once set you off no longer bother you.

1 Like

it is interesting that you are mentioning this. I was placed into TRT for about a month and holy fuck, I felt like a total alpha. However, I was not able to sleep for a good while. I think the dosage was too high. Long story short, they placed me into Clamid afterto see if my peturtilary glad can produce testosterone naturally, but I have not seen any results. when it comes to cortisol levels, I am pretty sure mine are through the roof.

now here is the other issue, I was talking to my anatomy professor and she mentioned about how testosterone can produce fibrosis inside your heart, etc. So my questions is, if you do not make enough test, would stilll get the same side effects as if you were taking steroids?

BS, fibrosis is inherited. Testosterone is a natural hormone that our bodies evolved to process, this anatomy professor has no studies or experience to back up her claims. Testosterone is a steroid hormone so I don’t understand your question, testosterone isn’t a drug, it’s a natural hormone circulating in every creature on earth and therefore can’t be patented by big pharma.

This is why doctors don’t learn about TRT in medical school, no money in it. Drugs have patents, that’s where the money is at and why doctors are so willing to prescribe antidepressants (drugs) and not testosterone when a guys is deficient. You’ve bought the hype spun by the media driven by big pharma, pharma wants doctors to prescribe drugs, not a natural hormone that can’t be patented.

There is a large number of young guys here with hormone problems. They all come here thinking T is the problem. But most also have low thyroid function, often caused by not using iodized salt. If training on low-T and low thyroid function, natural energy and low and that is overcome with adrenalin where cortisol levels can be higher but adrenal fatigue can then lead to lower cortisol then things are more dire.

Your friend needs to get here!

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.