Cortisol Controlling Supplement?

Anyone familiar with 11 OXO?

ergopharm.net/products_11oxo.php

Any thoughts or opinions on it? Thanks.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Anyone familiar with 11 OXO?

ergopharm.net/products_11oxo.php

Any thoughts or opinions on it? Thanks.[/quote]

Sounds like a bad idea. If your cortisol is too low, you will start having health problems.

If cortisol is too high you get body fat lowered metabolism and less productive protein synthesis.

Try Phosphatidylserine or Ashwagandha. Both have demonstrated in numerous studies to mitigate the catabolic effects of high cortisol.

I’ve tried PS but it didn’t seem to do anything, even at pretty high doses. I didn’t know ashwaganda was also thought to lower cortisol. Maybe I’ll check it out.

Thanks.

[quote]Damici wrote:
I’ve tried PS but it didn’t seem to do anything, even at pretty high doses. I didn’t know ashwaganda was also thought to lower cortisol. Maybe I’ll check it out.

Thanks.[/quote]

How would you know if it were?

Was using it during a cutting phase mainly to help with what Poliquin describes as a spot prone to cortisol-induced fat deposition, which is the lower ab area, which has always been a problem for me.

PS didn’t do a darn thing, but then again maybe no supplement will. Who knows . . .

How much did you use? Most studies call for at least 800 mg.

Also, what brand did you use? Quality makes a huge difference in terms of efficacy.

Another option that Poliquin mentioned is rubbing licorice root cream on the problem area to reduce subcutaneous fat deposits:

zooscape.com/cgi-bin/maitred/RedSafari/questp512781

Check out these forum posts by Milos sarcev regarding Poliquin’s biosiganture and licorice root:

forum.teretana.net/viewtopic.
php?t=114&highlight=modulation