Cortisol & Anastrozole?

Having bloodwork done tomorrow for Cushing’s syndrome and wondering whether my using Anastrozole will effect the results… Particularly, Cortisol levels?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Don’t know about this, but would be VERY interested to hear more from you on this. Actually, I’ll PM you, lol.

bushy[/quote]

Why does everyone turn to PMs for the insteresting stuff? If you don’t mind I would like to hear about this, unless of course it involves sensitive info, in which case I understand the PM thing.

Typically Cushing’s Syndrome is caused by longterm administration of glucocorticoids… In some cases it is also a factor of excessive ACTH. I’m interested in what levels of plasma volume the cortisol is actually, if you would indulge some curiousity. On a side note, what sort of symptoms lead your doctor to test you for cushings?

[quote]Time2Jet wrote:
Having bloodwork done tomorrow for Cushing’s syndrome and wondering whether my using Anastrozole will effect the results… Particularly, Cortisol levels?[/quote]

I would be inclined to stay on the AI if that is something that you need. Doing BW while your body is reacting to a transient change in your T:E ratio would then provide you with grey results, not knowing what state you were really in.

[quote]Time2Jet wrote:
Having bloodwork done tomorrow for Cushing’s syndrome and wondering whether my using Anastrozole will effect the results… Particularly, Cortisol levels?[/quote]

Actually, one of the reasons why anastrozole replaced Cytadren is that the former doesn’t affect cortisol levels.

I’m sure your physician is aware of your AI use anyway.

BW done today. I will report the findings when I get them. I was on long-term cortisteroids… decadron actually. I think Cushing’s in a foregone conclusion at this point.

Thanks, Jet.