T Nation

Cortisol & Anastrozole?

Having bloodwork done tomorrow for Cushing’s syndrome and wondering whether my using Anastrozole will effect the results… Particularly, Cortisol levels?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Don’t know about this, but would be VERY interested to hear more from you on this. Actually, I’ll PM you, lol.

bushy[/quote]

Why does everyone turn to PMs for the insteresting stuff? If you don’t mind I would like to hear about this, unless of course it involves sensitive info, in which case I understand the PM thing.

Typically Cushing’s Syndrome is caused by longterm administration of glucocorticoids… In some cases it is also a factor of excessive ACTH. I’m interested in what levels of plasma volume the cortisol is actually, if you would indulge some curiousity. On a side note, what sort of symptoms lead your doctor to test you for cushings?

[quote]Time2Jet wrote:
Having bloodwork done tomorrow for Cushing’s syndrome and wondering whether my using Anastrozole will effect the results… Particularly, Cortisol levels?[/quote]

I would be inclined to stay on the AI if that is something that you need. Doing BW while your body is reacting to a transient change in your T:E ratio would then provide you with grey results, not knowing what state you were really in.

[quote]Time2Jet wrote:
Having bloodwork done tomorrow for Cushing’s syndrome and wondering whether my using Anastrozole will effect the results… Particularly, Cortisol levels?[/quote]

Actually, one of the reasons why anastrozole replaced Cytadren is that the former doesn’t affect cortisol levels.

I’m sure your physician is aware of your AI use anyway.

BW done today. I will report the findings when I get them. I was on long-term cortisteroids… decadron actually. I think Cushing’s in a foregone conclusion at this point.

Thanks, Jet.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.