T Nation

Corticosteroids and Fat Burning Effects

just had a shot for tennis elbow , understand corticosteroids are formed via the adrenal glands , hence should this affect / increase my bodies fat burning potential ? thanks…

That’s weak shit.

I just did a cycle of Budesonide/formoterol and gained 37lbs of lean mass while losing fat.

Corticosteroids are notorious for causing fat gain. (Google it.) A single injection is unlikely to do so, but it certainly isn’t going to facilitate fat loss.

I’ve never heard anything about Corticosteroids affecting fat loss at all. Anti-inflam, and in excessive use cases, some connective tissue weakening are about that comes to mind off the cuff.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I’ve never heard anything about Corticosteroids affecting fat loss at all. Anti-inflam, and in excessive use cases, some connective tissue weakening are about that comes to mind off the cuff.

S[/quote]

A steroid shot? Probably not.

I’ve been on multiple long stretches of prednisone, a corticosteroid, and you better believe it made me fat. And weak. These are some pretty well known side effects. (I also experienced a whole host of other shit.)

Corticosteroids are nasty, nasty drugs.